Saturday, January 12, 2008

They grow up too fast...

I can't believe that Olivia is in Sunbeams. I swear it feels like yesterday that I was putting her in nursery for the first time and she cried and cried for two months before she realized how awesome nursery was (toys and snacks? I can't believe it took her two months to figure this out!). Now she is in primary, and I'll be honest, I was a little teary eyed as we sang the welcome song to the new Sunbeams last Sunday. Olivia was even the spotlight child (although she was really confused about what was going on). I thought she'd have a tough time leaving the fabulousness of nursery, but she really enjoyed Sunbeams, even when I offered her a sticker on her sticker chart if she stayed with her class instead of sitting by me. And, it's official now. The entire Poyfair family is in Primary now- Adam as a CTR 6 teacher, me as secretary, Olivia in Sunbeeams, and Jack as the official noise-maker and disrupter of sharing time (until March 26 when he can finally go to nursery and we can start this cycle all over again).

Speaking of Jack, he is into everything. I literally followed him around for 2 hours yesterday from one room to another. First it was messing with the computer, then trying to get into the toilet, then on to Olivia's room where he tried to press buttons on her ClickStart computer and turn off her TV, then he made his way into the living room where he pressed buttons on the DVD player and finally ended up in the kitchen where he opened the refrigerator and proceeded to take out most of the things out of the door and the first two shelves. Today Adam and I went to Target (of course) and bought child proofing gear- a lock for the fridge and toilet and door knob covers. Yes, he can open doors too. And he has even turned on the gas stove before. This kid is the most curious and active child I've ever met. He is from one naughty thing to the next, and he does it with a big, ornery grin on his face.

Yes, my kids are growing up too fast. The guy at the Verizon store (yeah! I got a new phone today after Jack broke my other one) said it best: "Wow, your kids are really active." Yes, I know. And I love them for it. I just wish sometimes that they grew a little slower so I could enjoy them a little longer...

9 comments:

Celeste Pearson said...

I know!! Isn't it crazy that our kids are in Primary?!? We are getting old. And I think it is so cute that Jack is so curious and active - and I love that he isn't mine to I can enjoy it from a safe distance!

Kelli said...

I noticed that Hayden didn't have a problem switching to Sunbeams either, and I'm jealous that you got to see her transition. Dad calls Jack the "silent killer" because he would get into things when no one was watching and the only way we knew was because we'd notice he was no where in sight. His curiousity just might benefit him down the road...for right now, good luck following him around, let me know how the child-proofing worked.

B-Hams said...

Yeah I am glad you are back looks like you had a very busy Christmas! I can't believe that Olivia is in Sunbeams. I have not seen you in 4 ever your kids are so big now!

Stina said...

So, I'm totally jealous. I wish I was in Primary. Oh please please please curse me with it! (And I love your kids too.)

Summer said...

You'd never know that it was Olivia's first sunday as a Sunbeam! She was so good! You have adorable kids!

The Larsons said...

Congrats Olivia! :) Cooper came home with a CTR ring Sunday. He was so proud. They do grow so fast! Glad you had a good Christmas, looks like tons of fun.

Lane family said...

OK I've been looking at your blog and I could write you the longest list of things we have in common. Who knew?

You just wait- When we first moved here Pyper had a full blown princess birthday party. This year she wanted to play dance dance revolution and "hang out" It's CRAZY!

Carrie Anne said...

They do grow up so fast! I agree! Yeah for Olivia that she went to Sunbeams! Little James, too, and I can't believe it! Our entire family is in Primary, too...James & I teach CTR 8 and both kids are in there now. Weird!:) It's great your kids are so active...it means they are happy and confident and loving life...working their brains and muscles! And they are so darling! It looks like your trip home was such a blast! That is really awesome! What a fun vacation!

Rachel said...

Seriously, don't you wish you could give them pills or something to slow down the growing process. I hate how fast it goes. It is so funny hearing your description of Jack, that is so the phase we are in right now, as you know, with the addition of climbing like a monkey! What are we going to do with these crazy kids?