Kelli, Celeste and I holding the biggest sign ever made by man. I'm sure Kory saw this while he was still on the plane :)
My mom, dad, and Kory waiting for his luggage. I don't think my parents wanted to leave his side for a while, they even walked to the carousel with him just to watch his luggage come off (and help too, I guess).
My niece Emma, my father-in-law Ed, and Jack at the Christmas party. Jack wasn't feeling well and wouldn't let anyone hold him (or get near him) besides Adam and I, so this picture is one of a kind for that night.
Olivia and her Barbie book. Who knew a 3 year old could be so fashionable?
The Poyfair family enjoying the lights of Peacock Lane. My nose gets way too red in the cold...
Afterwards, we came back up to Lakewood to finish Christmas shopping... but first I had something on my to-do list that I had been wanting to do before our trip, but my mother made me wait until we got to Lakewood- cut Olivia's hair! I had been wanting to cut it chin-length for a long time. Olivia cries and cries when I comb her hair, or even mention combing her hair. Plus the ends of her hair were still baby hair, since her only other hair cut was at 18 months. So we went to a kids hair salon and did it. She was very brave, sitting in her fighter jet (they didn't have any girly chairs, just a motorcycle and a jet!). She's so cute now, and looks very grown up.
Before
After
We decorated Christmas cookies for Santa, and Santa himself even showed up at our house with candy for the kids. The younger kids, Roman and Bryce, just cried when Santa showed up. Jack stared at him again ("Cry or pull the beard? What do I do?!") and Olivia, Rix, and Hayden danced and jumped around. My mother had them singing Jingle Bells around the house before Santa came too, she even rang bells too. Are you getting a picture of how chaotic my parent's house was for the three weeks we were there?
Hayden, Rix, and Olivia decorating cookies for Santa on Christmas Eve morning.
Olivia placing her cookie on the plate. Hayden cried when he had to put his cookie on the plate- he wanted to eat it instead. It was kind of funny, and my sister got a fabulous picture of it.
Olivia on Santa's lap, although I've never seen a Santa with black gloves before. Anyway, she told him she wanted Princess Luciana (from Barbie as Island Princess), which of course she hadn't mentioned until earlier that day, so "Santa" had to run from one store to another to find this doll, finally finding it at the last store, 20 minutes before they closed. I hope Olivia doesn't pull that one again next year.
Christmas was way fun this year, since Olivia understands more about Christmas this year than years past, and Jack was so excited to see all the toys he got. We were all spoiled. Adam got XM radio for his car and he surprised me with a Kitchenaid. Behold the crazy video he used to show me my present (since he definitely could not bring it from Ohio to Washington on the plane):
After Christmas, my sisters and I went full force into planning my mother's surprise 50th birthday party. The party was also on the same night as Adam's and my 6th anniversary (we celebrated at breakfast at Panera's that morning instead of dinner). We held it at the church cultural hall, where she thought she was having tithing settlement. We had been planning this party since summer, so it was nice to see it come to life. I'm just glad I don't have to plan another surprise party for a loooong time. It was hard to keep things from my mother, who somehow seems to know everything. The food was delicious, and my mother was able to see friends she hadn't seen in a long time.
New Year's is always over rated to me. I don't really see the point in staying up until midnight to drink some sparking cider. I never feel any different afterwards, and I always wish I had just gone to sleep early instead. I am not a late night person, usually 11pm is late enough for me. But I knew we had to be up early the next day to get on the airplane, so I was way more tired than I should have been. We played some card games and watched drunk people partying on TV. We also made an awesome buffet of deviled eggs, bruschetta, tomato and mozzarella on toast, cheeseballs, and Pomegranate 7Up. At midnight, I drank a sip of sparkly something (I think it was peach, but since I was expecting apple, it tasted like crap to me), kissed Adam and went to bed. I forgot that I wouldn't see my dad, my brother, my sister and her family since we were all leaving the next day and I didn't get to properly say good bye to them. I cried the next day when I realized that, but I'm sure they remember how airheaded I am. Example: We're playing Phase 10 and I say "6,4,1- crap! I just told you all what I needed!" I honestly meant to say it in my head, but you know, I'm not the brightest crayon in the box sometimes (but sometimes I surprise myself).
It's nice to be home where we can get back to our routine, although we always miss our families who live so far away. We are also excited for next year, when we can actually buy presents for the kids and each other that we don't have to think "Can I fit this in my suitcase?" before we buy it. I am looking forward to actually putting up a tree and decorating it, making our own little family traditions, and trying to make my own Christmas dinner. We hope all your holidays were as fun and chaotic as ours was!
And now, for the best part of the post- the random pictures that I wanted to share but not necessarily blog about!
This is a classic Poyfair Christmas picture. One (or both) of my kids ends up having a meltdown every Christmas day. I'm sure the chaos of opening presents and all has something to do with it, but I have a picture every year so far of at least one meltdown, and this year the award goes to Jack.


6 comments:
I love this! Thank you for sharing so much. The pictures were great. I loved seeing you guys and miss you so much.
So, I emailed this to you then thought--I bet she updated her blog. Sure enough! And since I don't want to retype a comment (even though I'm doing it right now!!)....
1) Olivia is getting so so so big. I know she and Jordyn would have so much fun being girls together (how well does Olivia take orders?).
2) I was actually thinking about your cute gray/hoody wool coat the other day (while I was de-linting my black one). I was hoping you still had yours because I always thought it was so so cute!
3) So unfair that Olivia's hair grows so fast! I'm sure Jordyn and I know I am so jealous! And cool cool airplane chair. Where was that?
4) Jack makes me think of Kade. What a little ham!!
5) Who was Santa? How did you get him to come to your house??
6) Your mom is so cute with her new glasses and haircut!
7) And, you are so stinking skinny!
Watching these I miss you guys so so much. Move to Colorado (preferably Denver area) or within 8 hours so we can vacation at your place!
Love,
Stina
Your blog is so funny, especially the part where we are on the airplane heading to Seattle. I forgot to blog about that one. Oh what great times =)
Okay so I agree with most of what Stina has said (I haven't thought of your coat at all recently) but you are so skinny! Keep up the work sistah! Anyway, as you probably know, I enjoyed this blog very much, but my favorite part is your shock that Kory would want to say prayers over lunch! Since when is lunch such an inferior meal? :)
Don't get me wrong, Celeste, I love lunch as much as the next guy (especially since I don't eat breakfast), but I usually don't pray over it. Speaking of lunch (the superior meal that it is), I am going to go eat mine finally!
What a cute post! Where do I begin? Love the picture of Jack's meltdown, I laughed so hard! The party for your mom looks like it was so fun. I love the banner for your brother too. We are all about big and obnoxious signs in our family too! Looks like you guys had so much fun, we missed you though, you were gone forever!
Post a Comment