Wednesday, June 6, 2007
Iron Chef America... or is it Enrichment?
So tonight at Enrichment we did an Iron Chef battle. It was so fun! The "secret ingredient" was cream cheese, and we divided into teams of 3. We had a ton of other ingredients to work with, like pie shells, croissants, fruit, veggies, crackers, and the regular baking needs. We "warmed" our dishes in the oven, which took a while since we couldn't actually crank up the heat on the oven (I hate that rule at church!). My team made cream cheese mixed with raspberries, lemon juice and zest, and sweetened condensed milk inside of a folded pie crust with nuts on top. It was so yummy! Like a glorified Pop Tart. We only had an hour to brainstorm and finish our products, and some people made really yummy things like a dip on top of Triscuits with tomato and cheese on top and then broiled, or pinwheels using meat, cream cheese and veggies on tortillas. It was so fun, even if it was a competition. Adam was one of the judges and he was so amazed that we all had no clue what the ingredients were going to be or anything, and we all came up with such interesting and tasty recipes. See? We are all more talented than we give ourselves credit for. And I will definitely be more confident in the kitchen now, using substitutions or making up entire meals all together! P.S. My team didn't win, the Triscuit one did, and I'm glad because theirs was so good! And simple! But Adam said ours was really good too. I think he's obligated to say that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
That sounds like so much fun! Your recipe sounds yummy - and you'll have to tell me how they did the triscuit recipe - I love triscuits!
They took a brick of room temp cream cheese, added some mayo and butter so it was creamy, then added finely chopped green onion and green bell pepper. You put that on top of a Roasted Garlic and Olive Oil (I think) Triscuit, then add on top a thin slice of plum tomato and some shredded cheese. Broil until the cheese melts. Make sure you put a good amount of the dip on there too!
What a great idea! I think it would be so much fun. I'll have to pass that idea along to my new Relief Society when I move.
Are you still on the Enrichment committee? Was it your idea? SO MUCH FUN!!! Wish I could be a judge!
Nope, I'm the primary secretary, but I was way excited for this enrichment. I wish it were my idea!
Post a Comment