Saturday, May 5, 2007

My latest endeavor

UPDATE: I got the part of Phoebe Rigdon. She has a solo in the beginning number with Sidney Rigdon, and I also help support the women's chorus. Yeah!

So, I tried out for the Kirtland musical this weekend. It's a play put on by our stake, but anyone can try out for it. It's a musical about how the Mormons came to Kirtland and what happened while they were here. There is a full house almost every night, and most of the LDS tour busses stop to see the play as well. It's free to the public, so a lot of nonmembers come and see the play and really like it.

Anyway, I tried out with a bad cold and a deep voice (sexy, huh?) but they liked me enough to ask me to stay for call backs, where I read for the parts of Emma Smith, Thankful Pratt, and Eliza Snow. Emma and Eliza are speaking and solo singing parts, while Thankful is a really fun speaking part. I am not sure I will get any of those parts, and may just be in the chorus, but I'll update everyone and let them know. The musical runs from July 5-July 21 at the Kirtland Stake Center!

5 comments:

Stina said...

Way to go Carissa! I really admire you for having the courage to just audition. (I auditioned for "Bye Bye Birdie" when I was in junior high--and you know how well I sing. Never again.) But, for your talent in singing I know you'll have so much fun. Keep us posted on what part you get. When do you find out???

Stina said...

So, you totally have to record your performance and post it on your blog. Can your camera record sound? I want to see it! YEAH CARISSA!!!!

Carissa Poyfair said...

I have no idea how to post a video on my blog, but Adam will tape it for me and I can send you a copy of it.

Celeste Pearson said...

It is so cool that you got a part! You will have to tape it for me! And of course this will be a great story for your kids someday - what a cool mom! (Well, almost as cool as me - Rix had a sucker for breakfast this morning!)

Kelli said...

hopefully jage and i can go see you, that would be cool! congrats.