We had such a blast this last weekend. It was Adam's last hurrah of the spring since he starts up clinic and school today. Not only did we go to a fair, but we also went to a parade and bought Olivia her very first bike. And not any bike... a Dora bike. That lights up. And makes sounds. And "starts up." And has stickers. What can I say? We are awesome parents.
First we went to the Blossom Festival in Chagrin Falls. We accidentally went during the time that disabled children got to go for free (this was not posted anywhere, we just figured this out on our own) so instead we went to the Chagrin Falls Ice Cream and Popcorn Shoppe. Olivia got her own cone, and stupid me thought she wouldn't finish the thing on her own, but I was wrong. She ate all of it and still asks for "ice cream chocolate." Jack was happy enough to chew the foot off of his rubber doll. See how happy he looks? Obviously we don't feed him enough :)
Olivia got to ride a couple rides for free before we left. She loved the carousel and even went on a spinning saucer ride with an elephant on it. She still tells me she wants to go to the "fire" (fair) and go on the Dumbo ride.
Next we went to the Shaker Heights Memorial Day parade. It was a lot of fun. Jack and Olivia liked the lights and sirens on the fire trucks, but not so much the band. The streets here are so narrow that when they marched past us, it was like within feet. Olivia put her hands over her ears and put her head on my shoulder. She did get a ton of suckers and Jack enjoyed Adam's clapping above all else.


5 comments:
How cute, now I want to get Hayden a bike! It sounds like you had a lot of fun this weekend. Olivia is so cute on that carosel.
So, you didn't learn your lesson from the scooter your mom got for Livvy? You had to upgrade to a noisier tricycle? How funny!
You guys are such a fun family! You make moving out of state look fun, and I'm not easily tempted.
Man! Cleveland is so cool! Lakewood doesn't do anything like that! Livvy will have to visit during the Puyallup fair sometimes and show Rix and Hayden how you are supposed to ride on rides!!!
Your babies are stinkin' cute! I miss you guys too! Thanks for leaving comments on my blog. I'm excited to see you in July. I need to know the dates you are coming, because our summer calendar is quickly filling up. You better be leaving plenty of time to spend in the 'couve now that there are more of us here. I'm not kidding. Hope to hear from you soon.
I'll call you. I've got too much to explain and it's kind of confusing. Talk to you soon. I've got to figure out some stuff for BYU, so I'll call you later.
Post a Comment