Thursday, February 15, 2007

Winter Wasteland?! I think you mean Wonderland!

Okay, if anyone (except Adam) can tell me what movie that line comes from in my title, I'll give you a cookie. Anyway, we haven't been very busy lately, with all the snow and snow and, um, oh yeah... snow! I don't really leave the house unless I have to and poor Olivia is getting cabin fever. I think she would take a trek to the post office and back and be giddy about it, she is that bored. We've watched every Disney flick in the house at least three times (and that all in a row until I can't stand Nemo anymore and change the movie to something we haven't seen in at least two days). I'm getting my money's worth out of the Playdoh I bought, and we're surviving on chicken nuggets and applesauce. Well, we were just really getting a lot of snow, until the eve of Valentine's Day cupid rebelled and dumped over a foot of snow on us. It was not fun, although Case campus was closed so Adam spend V-Day with me and the kiddies (meaning I got to sleep in! Hooray!). These pictures show how much snow we got. The picture with the measuring tape is measuring 21 inches, although the news has us pegged somewhere in between 14 and 17 inches all together. And who said anything about global warming? They obviously haven't been to Cleveland (or NewYork!) lately.




The kids are doing well. Jack still isn't rolling but he is a sport when it comes to tummy time. He will lay there and play with his binky or a toy for a while, then when he is done with tummy time, he will face plant into the blanket or carpet and just scream. It's kind of funny to watch. He turns into a diva for a second, and then you pick him up and he just grins at you as if to say "Thank you!". He loves to sit in things like his exersaucer and Johnny Jump Up. Funny story about that jumper, though. Not only does he not jump in it, he can't reach his feet all the way to the ground (no matter how we adjust it) so he leans a little to the side and gets a couple toes from one foot on the ground. Then he will start paddling with that one foot and soon ends up just going in circles, like a row boat with one paddle. Olivia doesn't help, though, since she just pushes him in circles too until the rope is wound really tight and then she lets go. Jack just spins like crazy until I can stop him, where as I proceed to slowly unwind him. By the end of all this, he is smiling and giggling as he slowly tips to one side, his balance completely shot. I need to get a picture of that- Jack just totally tipped to one side in his jumper with a goofy grin on his face.


Olivia has also started to do the whole "pretend play" a lot more. She puts her babies to bed, feeds them, makes things in her kitchen, makes me give kisses to her baby's "boo-boos", etc. She likes to pretend that she is eating her own creations she made in her kitchen as well, bringing them to the table, putting them on her placemat and saying "Mommy! Yummy sketti!" as she chomps down on her plastic spaghetti and meatballs. She tries to share with Jack too, which he is more than happy to oblige as he is teething and loves to chew on her plastic food. I draw the line at real food though, like when she found me in the shower one day and said "Jack eating froofroops!" and I ran out to find a rainbow of Fruit Loops cereal in his mouth. It's nice that she is sharing, but she understands now that Jack only drinks his milk and she can share with Mommy. Cute kids.

3 comments:

Celeste Pearson said...

Ha! I laughed when I read about Livvy telling you about giving Jack cereal. Rix hasn't figured out the art of lying yet, and often when asked what he is doing he will reply "I color on the table!" or "I sitting on Bryce!" Honesty - isn't it about, time?

Kelli said...

I think you owe me a cookie... the quote is from Monster's Inc., or as Hayden calls it, "Mike's movie." And I didn't laugh so much at the cereal story (by the way, looploops to Hayden), because I'm still traumatized by the chocolate she shared with Roman =) I did have to laugh at Jack's paddling with one ore...I mean foot. That's got to be fun to watch. Tape it, he might enjoy it later.

Sarah Anne said...

Kelli, I love that you knew that quote. I could hear it, but I couldn't place it. Carissa, it's so nice to see your posts here. I love keeping up with you guys. Miss you tons. Cute, cute kids.