Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Jack's first solids

We started Jack on rice cereal Sunday night. Honestly, the doctor said to wait until he was 5 months old, and that is a week away, but our friend's baby is 2 weeks younger than him and they had started her on solids so I couldn't be outdone! Anyway, Jack didn't do too bad with the whole eating part, he just didn't like the taste. Every time I gave him a bite he would look at Adam with this pitiful little look. Finally he stopped opening his mouth for me, so I would have to make him laugh and he'd open it then, so I'd shove in another bite. It didn't take long for him to figure out what I was doing and he stopped laughing at me too. Oh well. Olivia didn't like the rice either, and soon he'll be into oatmeal and the other yummy fruits and veggies. By the way, today when I fed him rice cereal for lunch, he actually cried. It was so sad.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Try mixing the rice with some formula or a tiny bit of juice, like apple juice, since they can start that at 6 months anyways. That helped Roman (a little). By the way, Hayden insisted on trying the rice cereal too, and just like Olivia, he wasn't a fan.

Sarah Anne said...

I just barely started feeding Gracie solids. She just wasn't into it. Our Dr. said it was fine if she didn't have solids until she was ready for them. Do what you want with this info., but I just hate feeding a baby that doesn't want it.