Sunday, October 6, 2013

Finishing out January (aka I'm being lazy)

January is always such a weird month for me. I'm coming down from the "Christmas high" and still excited about a new year with new possibilities. But the weather is always really hard for me (I hate driving in snow and ice) and I find myself wishing spring and summer would come faster!

So anyway, we had some fun the last couple of weeks of January. Working full time was hard on me so I tried to fit in as much fun as possible in the evenings and weekends!
Jack, I mustache you a question..... Aunt Celeste had some fun fake mustaches for the kids to play with. They thought it was so funny!

Madelynn loved this old man 'stache. She looked kind of like a bunny?

Aunt Kelli came to visit from Albuquerque and completely confused poor Jacob.

Aubrey and Madelynn were BFFs from the get-go. They are only a couple months different in age and get along great!

My lovely mother had a birthday in January too! Madelynn "helped" blow out the candles.

Happy birthday Mom!!

We joined the Pearson's at a skating rink for their school party. It was lots of fun and I realized very quickly that I can't skate. At all. And I passed that gene onto my children (soooo sorry kids!) Bryan, though, is a skating machine. He apparently grew up in a hick town in Utah where the only place to hang out was the skating rink.

Miss Maddy loved skating as long as she clung for dear life to the wall

I loooove this picture. Adam had a great time trying to remember how to skate. Funny story: He was trying to get to Madelynn (who was freaking out because she couldn't reach the wall) and he started to fall. So he grabbed onto the nearest thing to him- A man he didn't even know. Worse part of it all? Both of them ended up falling on their bums, courtesty of Adam's "graceful" failed save. I couldn't even help because I was laughing so hard. So sorry, man I don't know!

Jack and I after I finally got over my cheapness and rented some skating helpers for the kids. Lifesaver!! They had way more fun after we got these!

Cole had a great time too. Seriously, we should have got these to begin with!

Even Rix needed to use them. He had fun though!

The "helpers" kept Maddy from falling but she couldn't move it. Bryan to the rescue!

Olivia found her old friend Alyssa. It was fun going to the skating party because my kids attended Park Lodge Elementary for three years (kindergarten, 1st and 2nd for Liv, and preschool 2 years for Jack) and were able to see friends they hadn't seen in a while! And I miss Olivia's long hair...

No comments: