In February, we came up with the crazy idea to go sledding. Adam and I borrowed snow gear because we are not skiiers or snow people in any way or form. I found snow boots on clearance for the kiddos (thank you Target!) and had some snowbibs in my garage from a few years ago when I found them on clearance and thought "Hey, some day my kids will fit these and we'll go sledding." Well, that day came!
We joined in with Celeste and her family and headed up to Hyak. We planned on being home before dinner, so we left early amidst reports that parts of Snoqualmie pass was closing due to snowfall. We made it through and I am soooo glad Adam was driving! It snowed the entire time we were there and it was very cold and icy.
It was a wonderful day though, despite the fact I couldn't feel my nose or my feet within 20 minutes. The kids (including the dads!) had a blast and if it wasn't snowing they probably could have stayed longer. Hyak was super fun and we just had to buy a pass online for pretty cheap. It was definitely something we'll do again!
 |
| Olivia fell off her sled her first run down the hill. It took a lot of convincing to get her to go again but once she did she was unstoppable! |
 |
| Madelynn didn't care for the hill at all and refused to go down at first. She was totally content sitting at the top digging in the snow. |
 |
| Adam went down with Bryce while Bryan gave them a starting push. He had them going so fast! |
 |
| Bryan pushed them so hard he ended up on the ground most of the time! |
 |
| Celeste and Jack went down together too. It was fun and we fell off sometimes, but it was worth it. The sleds were another clearance find (did I mention I love clearance?!) |
 |
| Don't let this fool you. She making that face due to snow hitting her in the face. She loved sledding! |
 |
| See? That's her in the yellow tube at the bottom. The kids had to trudge all the way back up with their sleds. They were so tired when we left! |
 |
| Jake was a little marshmallow. He didn't like the sled or the snow, but he liked hanging out with whatever parent was at the top watching the gear :) |
 |
| Aaaand Madelynn fell down. A lot. But she got right back up each time. |
 |
| Cole looked so cozy in his getup. I think the coat was a little big but it looked so warm! |
 |
| Loving Jack's curly hair! He was a machine, going up and down so fast! |
 |
| Rix did amazing too and was always the first up the hill. But he also shared his sled and went down lots with his brothers. |
 |
| Bryce is in there somewhere :) He went down tons of times and never really complained about the cold. |
 |
| Proof. I caught him in the act!! |
 |
| Jack and Liv went down together a lot. It was funny, kind of like bumper cars :) |
 |
| Adam and I on the top of the hill. I was soooo cold! |
 |
| Maddy would only go down with someone, so I took her down... and then let her fall off at the end. She was so mad at me! |
 |
| Cole is serious about his sledding. |
 |
| Still playing with snow... she was so easy to entertain! |
 |
| Bryan and Celeste getting ready to go down.... |
 |
| Thumbs up from Celeste! She could never stay straight and always ended up backwards. |
 |
| We survived!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment