Wednesday, October 23, 2013

That one time I actually won something on the radio...

So.... When I was working full time in March I was headed back to the office in Tacoma and listening to the radio. I heard them announce a contest- the 20th caller got 4 tickets to see Yo Gabba Gabba Live in Seattle that night. I thought, hey, why not? So I called. And won. And then called Adam and said, "You aren't doing anything tonight, are you?" He was such a champ! He got the kids from school and headed up to Seattle to find the radio station to pick up the tickets. He got stuck in traffic multiple times and was literally running the streets of Seattle with three kids in tow to find the station before 5pm (or they would forfeit his tickets). He had me on the phone so I could tell him directions from a map online and he even called the station to try and find them. He seriously made it with 2 minutes to spare :)

The kids had a blast! We used to watch the show when Jack and Olivia were little and Madelynn definitely got into it too. Adam (sadly) knew all the songs and said he danced right along with the kids and the characters. I never really win anything, but I'm glad that I got something (free!) for my kids to do that they still talk about! Thanks, Adam (and 100.7 The Wolf)!

Outside the Paramount in Seattle. If they look disheveled it's because they were trying to keep up with Adam for 30 minutes while he was running around!

They had pretty good seats and came home that night with stories and smiles, which was all I could ask for.

Some words of advice from Yo Gabba Gabba:
"Don't bite your friends"
"When you have the sillies, you need to Jump Shake Shimmy them out!"
"Try it, and you'll like it"
"You have to wait in line. It's only fair to wait right there!"

No comments: