Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Madelynn's 4th birthday (oh, and I had a birthday too)

Madelynn's birthday is right after Christmas and right before my birthday, so we try and make sure they are all separate so she feels special on her birthday. I know all too well what it's like for everyone to roll Christmas and my birthday into one holiday. You feel like you are missing out on a birthday, your special day! I'm trying to not do that with Maddy. We did, however, roll her birthday party in with mine and Celeste's since Celeste and I really just want a cake we don't actually have to make ourselves :)

Adam and I discovered a new thing- bakeries!! Okay, so not super new (like, at all), but we realized the cakes you can get at a bakery are way worth it. No stress and the kids get exactly what they want. Score!! Maddy wanted a princess cake and dang it, she got one!

Here is the cutest birthday girl ever!

I've said this before, but our family's birthday song is the best. Ever. Like, in the entire history of the universe. I don't know how this tradition started, but we all sing the song in our own tune, at our own pace, and as terribly awful as we can. The older kids love it (until they realize they should be embarassed by us) and the younger kids typically end up crying because our singing is that bad.

Celeste and I blowing out the candles to the cake we didn't have to make! White Texas Sheet Cake... yum!!

She is a girly girl and tom boy. And she hates having dirty hands.
Cousins!! Oh, and sister. Grandma Sharon was there too!!

Madelynn loves being the center of attention. And getting presents. Too bad her birthday is so close to Christmas, she has to wait a whole year to do both!


Let's take a break to see how cutie Jack is doing.... he's good! Give this boy some cake and he's in heaven.

I wanted to commemorate this game. Madelynn played Cupcake Race with her nanny daily, many times each day. She had a slight obsession with this game for a loooong time. And if she lost, she would play again until she won. So eventually we all let her win so we didn't have to play anymore :)

Lamby from Disney's Doc McStuffins. She has a love/hate relationship with this doll. I don't know why, because she loves the show, but at least she loves it sometimes.

Madelynn has been such a spunky blessing in our lives! She definitely keeps me on my toes and is ornery as all get out, but she's a keeper :)

Madelynn LOVES:
Her blankie (she calls it "blue blankie"... even though it's pink)
Chicken nuggets, specifically from McDonald's
Disney Junior channel
Super Mario Bros on the Wii, and she's pretty dang good!
Snuggling with her mom
Getting tickled
Pickles
Stories at bed time
Throwing tantrums

Madelynn HATES:
Anything on her burger except lots of pickles
Going to bed
Having to sit still
Tomatoes and tomato sauce (including spaghetti)
Getting her hair brushed

When she grows up, Madelynn wants to be a Dancer (hoping that means like ballet... not the other kind)

Love you Maddy!!
hhhhhhhhhhh

No comments: