Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Week of Fun: Pump It Up

I swear we keep Pump It Up in business. We actually had a Groupon to use up so we headed on over for some fun the day before school started. The kids were super excited, and I'm always excited that at least one of them will take a nap afterwards. Oddly, my fearless Madelynn was afraid of the big slide this time, which has never happened. She would only go if I went with her. And if I carried her the whole way up, which is really hard to do when you're lugging a 30 lb toddler up an inflatable ladder made for feet half my size.
All the kids paying attention to the video of the rules... I mean all are listening except the one that should be paying attention the most (ahem, Madelynn!)

I love the plastic things they have for the kids to slide down on. My kids literally get airborne, they are going so fast!

Bryce, the only Pearson child I got a picture of. The two I got of Cole were blurry because he was on the go the whole time, and I don't even think I saw Rix because he was having so much fun!

Since she wouldn't go down the slide, she became obsessed with the baseball game. Madelynn+bat=disaster.

Funny. She saw the camera, stopped running just long enough for a weird smile, and then took off again.

Anyone else cringing at her fingers at the table? I waited the whole time for smashed fingers but she was lucky.

Starting to get tired, I can see it in his eyes!

We had so much fun at Pump it Up and it was a great way to end the summer. Later that evening Adam and I took the kids to Applebee's for a before school treat. It was fun, the kids had fun, and then went to bed early so we could get up on time!

 As much as I love the structure of school days and having some quiet in the house when the kids are gone during the day, I always miss the summer days when we could just get up and go do what we want. I can't wait for more vacation days to come up soon, and for next summer when we will go and do more fun things (maybe the Pacific ocean this time?).

No comments: