Sunday, November 27, 2011

First Day of School and Jack Lost a Tooth

Olivia is growing up way to fast! I was just looking at some of her baby pictures and got all teary-eyed. She's in second grade now! She's a great speller, loves to read, spends countless hours writing books and illustrating them, and is maturing right before my eyes!

Jack is in preschool again this year, much to his dismay. He missed the kindergarten cutoff by 26 days! He loves his preschool teachers though and is learning a lot. He recognizes all his letters, numbers and shapes. He can write his name, and his teachers say he is a leader in the class because he knows the routine from last year. Seriously, his teachers loooove him!

Jack also lost a tooth the next day. As you can see.... it traumatized him.
He's slowly making his way through the cycle... anger, depression, denial...
Ah... acceptance. Mostly he's happy that the Tooth Fairy is coming later.

2 comments:

Celeste Pearson said...

Ha! I get teary eyed when I look at baby pictures too! And that picture of Jack crying is classic. Definitely one for his wedding pic montage!

Kelli said...

I love how upset he was at losing a tooth. Roman is eagerly awaiting his! And I agree, Hayden is also growing up and getting (slightly) more mature and it's crazy right?