Monday, May 9, 2011

Crazy Hair Day

This is the first time Olivia's school had crazy hair day. I was really excited, until I remembered that we chopped off her hair a few months ago and it isn't long enough to do lots of things with. If I had more than one day to plan it, we would have gone out to buy some hair color and glitter (next year!) but she was happy with our finished product. I was just happy that she was happy, and that I didn't have to wake up any earlier to get it done.
Crazy hair day happened to fall on a Wednesday, which is when Jack doesn't have preschool, but we got in the spirit anyway. The poor kid needed a hair cut badly. He was borderline Ronald McDonald. His hair is so red and curly and when it grows out it either looks cool in a 70's sort of way, or really bad in a creepy clown sort of way. This was definitely bordering on creepy clown. I really wanted to shave a mohawk, but Adam went a different route:
Adam likes to call this the "Friar Tuck" look. We only cut the top of his hair and left the sides long a curly. It was worse in real life, and would have been worse if we had shaved the top of his head more, but I couldn't deal with it any shorter. Don't worry, we didn't take him in public like this, just my parent's and sister's houses. We could make a killing off selling Jack's hair, but I doubt you can do anything with it in 1 inch sections. Too bad.

3 comments:

Celeste Pearson said...

Haha! Creepy clown! That's awesome. I totally didn't get pics of Rix's hair, mostly because I remembered so last minute! But Olivia's is so fun!

Rachel said...

Hahahahah! Gotta love the friar tuck! That's is hilarious. Poor Olivia's hair just doesn't seem so crazy after you see Jack's:)

Kelli said...

Crazy hair day is definately more of a girl thing. There isn't much you can do with short hair! I'll just pull a Jack next year and wait to cut Hayden's hair until the night before crazy hair day. And yes, it was borderline creepy clown. I wasn't going to say anything but... :)