Thursday, May 19, 2011

Walk A Mile In Her Shoes 2011

I joined my dad's company again this year for the Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event, which is a charity walk for sexual abuse and domestic abuse victims. The participants literally "walk a mile" in women's shoes. It's silly and funny to watch, but brings to light an issue that isn't usually talked about. Since I was a social worker in a previous life, it's an issue that I personally feel is important and I love that so many people participate each year.

My only reason to go was to take pictures. It was a beautiful day and I wanted to capture the event for my dad's business. Hopefully they get a facebook page and website up soon and the pictures will hopefully be there too. I just like taking pictures :)
Bryan wore pink knee highs and black pumps that he found at the Goodwill. He was super excited to find shoes in his size :) No really, he was excited. And he wore them proudly.

Rhubarb, the mascot for the Tacoma Rainiers baseball team, ended up walking with us part of the way. Cole thought he was amazing and even gave Celeste (who was almost 8 months pregnant) a break by carrying Cole too for a bit.
My dad. He is wearing sensible white shoes with a little bit of pink on them. We'll have to work on his shoes for next year.
Rhubarb was really funny. He started flirting with one of my dad's employees and then stole his pink umbrella.
She is so cute pregnant :)

The "official" Phase II photo.
My dad has pink umbrellas for everyone. He got them for last year and saved them to be used again. I love the bright blue sky and the pink umbrellas. It was a gorgeous day!
Bryce being cool. See the sun spots on the bottom of the photo? Yeah, I need a polarizing filter. It's on my list.

1 comment:

Celeste Pearson said...

LOVE looooooooove your camera. Love. Anyway, it was fun this year - mostly because Bryan was in heels, but seriously thanks for taking pics! And so not cute pregnant, unless you mean it was cute that I waddled for a mile :)