Sunday, March 13, 2011

Harrison Hot Springs... three weeks late

Yup, I'm a slacker!

Adam and I got to go up to Harrison Hot Springs in Canada with my dad's company again. We love it because we do a whole lot of nothing up there. My dad gets a coach for all of us to take up there and we watch movies and play games for gift cards and eat lots of bagels and cookies and other yummy stuff. We are definitely spoiled! Adam and I are both grateful to my dad for letting us tag along for a second year in a row. It's definitely a nice break from the chaos we usually deal with!
The hot spring pools. They felt sooo good with the cold weather. Nothing like sitting in a hot spring with snow on the ground. (And that's Bryan, Jeremiah and Kelli in the background).

Scenes from our bedroom balcony of the lake.
The copper piano in the lobby. We spent a lot of time in the lobby playing games.
The gang minus Kory, Ana Lee and me. There was hearts, Skipbo, Phase 10, iPhone games and lots of reading going on. And lots of snacks! My dad rents a room out just for the food and we all get a key so we could go up and get a soda or chips or bagel whenever we were snacky.
Adam and I at the company dinner. It was yummy steak and potatoes, with dancing afterwards. We didn't dance this year even though we said we were. Maybe next year.
The whole family!
Celeste, me, Mom and Kelli all dolled up.
Haha, this one is more of a joke than anything. But Celeste is pregnant and due in June and she is so cute when she's pregnant so we had to take one of these, no matter how cheesy it is.
The whole group. Can you spot us?
It was cold this year. Not only was there snow on the ground from a storm that hit all the way down in Lakewood, but the wind was so chilly that it hurt! Since we had to walk everywhere, like dinner at the pub and the shops in town, it took a lot of effort to get places. We had so much fun, though. I read a whole book while I was there and slept in and soaked in the hot springs. Adam even got a deep tissue massage. We ordered paninis from the in-house deli and played games with each other until late at night. It was so nice to not worry about bed times or naps or whether or not something is "kid friendly", but we did miss our kids. Thanks to my mother-in-law Sharon for coming up (again! I know! She's an angel!) to watch them for us while we were gone.

4 comments:

Stina said...

Love these pictures and getting to see the variations in you and your sisters post. Especially love the cheesy prego picture. :) And, I have to say--you are sooo skinny!

Celeste Pearson said...

I'll admit. Your Harrison post is way better than mine! And you really need to send me your Harrison pics or copy them to a CD (in fact, I think there are several pictures I need from you - like basketball ones and choir ones...get on it!). Anyway, it was so fun having you guys there this year! Next year will be more fun - mostly because I won't be prego AND hopefully it won't be so dang cold!!

Kelli said...

Thanks for making the swimsuit me picture far away. And Adam is in that pic too. He's the one in the middle of the pool. I had so much fun, I hope we can go next year...with warmer weather! And I'm with Celeste, can you like purge your camera every few weeks onto a disk that we can borrow? That's be super awesome.

Rachel said...

Sooo jealous! That sounds like so much fun to just do nothing and hang out and eat yummy food and read and sleep! Wow, can you tell that we're worn out moms:) That's so nice of your dad to invite you guys along each year. I think Adam should become the honorary company dentist just so it's legit:)