My mother, though, was. She got little gifts for all the kids. Cute shirts for the older ones and a cute book for the two babies. Thanks Mom! We had dinner at her house on the 13th after church to celebrate. My dad made his amazing Polynesian short ribs and we had maple roasted potatoes, salad and these cute mousse filled chocolate cups.
Madelynn and her book. It looks like a purse but opens up to a cute counting book.
All the grandkids with their candy bags. Jack was super excited. Candy!
All the boys with their cool pirate shirts from Gymboree. Super awesome!
Aren't they adorable? Super rich but so yummy!
Madelynn is my chocoholic and ate all hers, including the cup, and some of Jack's mousse that he couldn't finish. She was in chocolate heaven! Look at the concentration on her face.
Okay, I guess we kind of celebrated Valentine's Day. We went to the Stake Valentine's dance they do every year for the adults. They serve a delicious dinner of Caesar salad, prime rib, green beans and mashed potatoes. It was so good! Celeste and I kept taking the salad plates that no one claimed. It was really yummy. Afterwards, after Celeste and Bryan left, Adam and I stayed and danced a few songs. There were some line dances and some fun songs before we finally got to dance a slow song. It's been forever since we got to dance together. It was lots of fun.
These are the pictures taken at the dance. I felt like I was in a wedding reception line with the gazebo and lights. It was weird, but we still had lots of fun!


3 comments:
Whatever you did nothing! The v-day dance sounds like so much fun. Especially the yummy dinner:) The dinner at your parent's sounds amazing too. I knew I liked Madelynn, that's my girl for eating all her chocolate!
Now that I know you've downloaded your Valentine's pics, you don't have an excuse not to send them to me :) Maybe next year we'll make it to the Stake party, looked like fun! And those ribs were the best, I'm totally making those!!!
I love Adam's face in the first Stake Dinner picture! So funny! And I agree about Valentine's day. I think people go way overboard, but to me doing small things and just spending time together is perfect. Oh, and fondue :)
Post a Comment