Thursday, February 10, 2011

Olivia's going to State!

The Reflections contest for the district was held about a month ago (that's how far behind I am on blogging, although nothing really has happened since then so technically I'm caught up on all I have to say). There were five entries in her category and the top two went on to the state competition.
Here is her picture and a certificate for participation, with her name spelled wrong. I told her to just get used to it. I grew up with the last name "Hjelm" and married into "Poyfair" so it's just part of life to have your last name spelled wrong. It wasn't the first for her and it won't be the last :) Her theme was "Together We Can Be Friends".
Getting her 2nd place ribbon from Mrs. Washington. Olivia was coveting her tiara.

Madelynn kept herself busy by eating her cars.
Jack was surprisingly good through out the ceremony, which was kind of long and boring. He did this by eating lots of cookies.
Nana came to see Olivia's ceremony and gave her big hugs. Thanks for coming, Nana!

State was a couple weeks ago and we haven't heard anything, so I'm assuming they are really behind in announcing things, or Olivia didn't place, which is fine with me. She had lots of fun and can't wait for next year's competition.

5 comments:

Celeste Pearson said...

I thought it was way cute! And I love her bird's feet :) Weird they haven't told you either way if she won or not! Maybe there is a website or something. Anyway, cute pics!

Kelli said...

I love her picture. I'm thinking she won because a) the clothes are apparently see-through and b) the bird looks awesome :) You're going to frame her picture, right?

Summer said...

I LOVE Olivia's artwork! It looks so good! Way to go, Olivia!!!

Elise said...

Yay for Olivia! She's looking so grown up! I love the pictures from the dance clinic, they're too cute!
Hope you guys are doing well!

Rachel said...

Her picture is so cute! No wonder she won. She is so grown up and winning art contests:) That is so cute that she got to hang out with mrs. Washington! I want her crown too. Hope we get to see you guys soon!