Tuesday, December 7, 2010

My blah-g

I have not been in the mood to blog. I don't know why, usually I like to blog and brag about myself and my cute family :) I've been in a bummer mood lately, plus I think I'm just stressed with the holidays coming and all the stuff that I have to do within the next week or so for the Relief Society dinner and program I'm in charge of (well, kind of "in charge" since technically that's my calling, but I am way underqualified to take the reins on this kind of thing). And I'm a little disappointed in my picture-taking skills. Maybe I'm okay (not great) at taking pictures when that's my primary focus like my previous post, but not when it's the day to day stuff. I see these pictures and I literally wince and grimace on the inside. I definitely need to take some classes to teach me what the heck I'm doing.

So anyway, Olivia has been really into making books lately. And I mean really. She has made at least 7 or 8 of them, which are just computer paper folded in half and then stapled. She has made them about Super Mario Bros., Tangled, what she wants to be when she grows up, her friend from school, and some other things. Some of them are based on something (like a movie or story) and some are completely random (like the one about how she lost something at school and then found it at the end of the day). It's the first thing she does when she wakes up and the thing she does most for the rest of the day after school.
This year we had Thanksgiving at my parents house. We had 10 adults and 11 children all 6 and under. We had my family, Celeste and her family, Kelli and her family, my parents and some family friends and their kids. It was pretty crazy, but I wouldn't say it was chaotic. The kids handled themselves really well, considering that they outnumbered us adults. We kept them busy with the Wii and some movies and tons of toys. I love Thanksgiving, mostly (well, completely) for the food. I understand that maybe I should love the holiday since it gives me a chance to be thankful and grateful, blah blah blah, but seriously, it's just a hectic holiday for me. But I loved the turkey and ham, mashed potatoes, funeral potatoes, yams with marshmallows (seriously, I can eat an entire cookie sheet of those!), green beans and stuffing and on and on. Plus dessert. Mmm... It's good that it's only once a year!
Olivia at the kids table. She is growing up so much (do you love her new haircut? She begged me for it and I finally caved).

Jack in the midst of eating all the marshmallows off the yams. Mmm... yams :)

Maddie would only let me take a picture of her if she wasn't aware that I was taking a picture of her. I can see a slight stubborn streak in her...

Nana and Papa sat at the kids table. Call them crazy. Hayden and Olivia on the left, Nana and Papa, and then Roman.

Tessa, Corey, Celeste and Bryan. I seriously can never get a normal picture of Bryan, who, by the way, is celebrating "Movember" which apparently means you grow a mustache to support prostate cancer awareness or something like that. He went for the "handebar" look.

Speaking of normal pictures... Jeremiah isn't very good at them either. Here is Kelli and Jeremiah. They moved back to Lakewood in November and it has been super fun having them here.

Adam and I. Can I just publicly thank Adam for taking a normal picture?

Jack cozied up to Nana while the kids were playing Wii. He was really tired by the end of the night!

Hayden, Bryce, Rix and Olivia playing Super Smash Bros... I think we thought that if they beat each other up on the Wii that they wouldn't do it in real life. Or something like that. I'm not sure how that worked out.

After Thanksgiving, Celeste, Kelli, Jeremiah and I headed out to Toys R Us at 10pm, only to find the line wrapped twice around the huge store. They were only letting a few in at a time, it was freezing out, and we calculated that we would get in about... never. So we turned right back around and went to Walmart where they had better deals anyway, put the stuff in our cart and waited until midnight to buy it all. We got some really good deals and I was in bed by 12:30. Sweet! I even got to sleep in the next day, go to some more stores (including Toys R Us without a line) and I still got everything I wanted on my list. It was a much more relaxing Black Friday than those in the past. No more 3am wake up calls for me!

7 comments:

Melanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melanie said...

Sorry you've been feeling down, though I think the feeling is mutual for most right now. Sometimes the "rush" of the holidays just takes it out of you! It would be nice if things slowed down this time of year instead of speeding up!
As far as your photography goes, I thought your candids were beautiful and as for the day to day stuff, well that will come in time. With a little technical knowledge and a happy marriage between what your eyes/mind see and what the camera shoots, soon it will come effortlessly. I mean you can't expect that sort of partnership when you've only been out on a few dates ;)
Olivia's hair cut is super cute and I think she actually looks younger. I think maybe I should cut Raine's hair to see if this would work on her. They grow up way too fast! Anyway hope the blah falls out of your blog soon because I do so enjoy reading it.

Garrett said...

What? No picture of Adam gnawing away at a turkey drumstick? Great, now I'm in a bummer mood, too.

Seriously, we miss you guys and wish we could see you more often. I hope it's not too far away!

Summer said...

I totally feel the same way about my BLAH-og right now! I feel like there is nothing to blog about. Ugh!

Anyway, your Thanksgiving looked fun! Hannah has that same cake shirt that Madeline is wearing. Yay Target! My Mom and I went to the Toys R Us black friday at 10pm, we didn't get IN the store till 10:45. The real wait was the checkout line - 1 hour 45 min long!!! really! I think we got home around 2 am. Crazy!

Kristin said...

First off, I think you pictures turned out great! I would totally hire you! I always wanted to be a photographer, but guessing that I barely passed photography in high school...it's probably best I don't give it a try :)

I can't believe how big your kids are looking. Especially Olivia in her cute new haircut. Jack and Madeline are super cute too! We miss you guys

Kelli said...

I love Olivia's books, especially the part where we can't always read what she's written and it's like playing "Mad Gab" just to figure it out :)

By the way, don't be in too much of a blah mood, I know some of your Christmas presents! There is reason to smile!

Celeste Pearson said...

Blah-g! I feel the same way. But Thanksgiving was fun, and I totally agree. The food is what I'm most grateful for!