I had parent-teacher conferences today for both Jack and Olivia. I was a little nervous about what Jack's Pre-K teacher would say about him.... for obvious reasons. Let's just admit that Jack can be a little crazy. Surprisingly, though, she said he was doing wonderful. He was learning a lot (we definitely need to work on the ABCs a little more and how to use scissors and hold a pencil correctly). But when it came to the part where he had to tell her his name.... Here's how that went:
Teacher: So, he knows his first name. (turns to Jack) What is your name?
Jack: My name is Jack!
Teacher: And what is your last name?
Jack: Jack! My name is Jack!
Teacher: I know. Your name is Jack... what? What is your last name?
Jack: I don't know...
Teacher: That's funny. You told me what it was last week... (where she dramatically turns the page of his report and I see in big letters above "Last Name" the word "BATMAN") See? Your said your last name is Batman?
Jack: Yeah... that's my name.
Yeah... Jack thought that was funny. So glad he has never been lost. The police would have a hard time finding the parents of Jack Batman.
P.S. I'm going to start a new blog while I publish this blog. I'll post the link and name later. And no offense, Garrett, but I actually don't like your name suggestions at all :)
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
LOL...Jack Batman.
Super Why taught Roman some of his letters. And for a while we did "Letter of the Day" so we'd have apples for snacks and color airplane pictures and Roman would write the letter A.
Don't worry I thought his ideas were ugly too!:) That is such a cute story about Jack! I can't believe our boys are learning ABC's and how to use scissors. They grew up to fast!
At least he didn't say Jack Squarepants or something. Batman is a lot more respectable :)
I don't get it. What's the problem?
Jack Batman is awesome! You have to love his confidence and creativity:)
Post a Comment