Saturday, September 18, 2010

We finally bought it!

Adam and I have been saving up for months for a new dslr camera. We did lots of research and asked some photographer friends of ours which cameras/brands they liked and why. We finally saved up enough to buy our new Canon Rebel T1I off of Amazon. We LOVE it and are already saving up again for a new lens for it. We are really dumb when it comes to this camera so I'm thinking I'm going to take a class at the community college or buy a book (there is actually one of those "Canon T1I for Dummies" books out there!) so we can figure out what "aperture" and "ISO" and stuff are. Right now we are just having fun playing with it, and I haven't downloaded the software to my computer so I can't share any of our fun Puyallup Fair pictures so those will come soon. Anyway, here is what she looks like:
So... does any one out there have any advice when it comes to dslr cameras? What is the best way to learn what all the terminology is? I would love to start up a simple photography business maybe in the spring, but I need to learn a LOT more before then! Any advice would be soooo welcome!

7 comments:

Garrett said...

It looks perfect for taking pictures of Leavenworth in the fall...

Melanie said...

I love this one for tips and a laugh at the same time...
http://thepioneerwoman.com/photography/

Celeste Pearson said...

I think the best way to get better at your camera is to take pictures of my kids :)

Stina said...

I want that!

Rachel said...

I'm so jealous! I want a DSLR so bad. Can't wait to see your awesome pictures!

Summer said...

SO exciting! I want one! Can't wait to see your new pictures!

Elise said...

how fun for you guys!! Now you can take lots and lots of pictures of your cute kids! hope you guys are doing well!