Liberty Lake is beautiful and I am totally jealous of Rachel's beautiful house! Maybe it's because Adam and I are in a small apartment for the next year, but her house was gorgeous with a huge kitchen and a play room (all of which are on my "must" list for a house). We let the kids settle in and we caught up with news, and then after dinner we snagged a babysitter for all six kids (the two babies were sleeping though) and the four adults went to see Eclipse in the theater. It was so much better than the first two movies and I had to keep updating Adam since he hasn't seen any of the movies or read the books.
The next morning we got up and went to see Garrett's new law office. Well, it's not really new, but it was new to us since we'd never seen it before. Then we headed out to Lake Coeur D'Alene (did I spell that right?) and let the kids frolic in the waves. Most of the other people there were snacking on BBQ or sandwiches. Us? We pulled out the doughnuts from a shop called Scrumdiddilyumttious Donuts (and yes, that is how it's spelled). They had some donuts called "Tiger Tails" that were a donut and a brownie twisted together. And then another called "Double Delight" which was a bar doughnut that was filled with bavarian cream on one side and custard on the other side, then topped with chocolate. The perfect beach food, right? They were so yummy!
Madelynn didn't particularly like the sand and she was wary of the water, so she was completely fine sitting on the towel and watching us for a while.
You know those times when your kids are just genuinely happy and having so much fun that you want to stay there forever? Well, this was one of those times. My kids were in heaven and it made me really happy to see them so happy. Who knew the beach could be so fun?
Olivia, Carter and Jack.
Jack jumped right in, even though he expressed a concern that sharks were going to get him. In the lake. The land-locked lake. He watches too much TV.
Still doesn't like the sand or the water. It was a little cold.
She much preferred being held far away from the water.
I love Jack's face here. It's somewhere in between "this is so fun" and "I'm still terrified of those sharks".
Baby steps for Madelynn. She finally warmed up to the water!
Rylynn and Olivia "burying their legs." I just saw it as "getting extremely dirty" so thankfully we were super near a water source so we could dump them in to get clean.
Saying goodbye is the hardest. Rachel said Rylynn cried for a long time after we left because she missed Olivia. Olivia asked almost the whole way home when we were moving to Spokane so we could see Rylynn every day. It was hard for these two because they were such good friends who saw each other almost every day for three years, and then suddenly they are hours away from each other. I'm just happy the Halls moved to the same state that we did, even if our cities are on opposite sides. It's closer than it could have been! We couldn't get a Jack/Carter picture since Carter fell asleep on the way home from the beach, but Jack was sad to leave his friend too.
Rachel and I. We seriously haven't seen each other in months but we slipped right into our old routine like we still lived in the same house. She is such a dear friend and it's heartbreaking to live so far from friends (seriously, our friends are all over the country right now!) but now we have reasons to take road trips and fun people to look forward to seeing.
Oh, these boys. Garrett and Adam oddly have a lot in common and get along so well. I know they are crying in their hearts in this picture but masking it with smiles :) Seriously, though, their sense of humor and everything is eerily similar, as is their taste in politics, sports, etc.
Thanks Halls for hosting us and feeding us such yummy things! We definitely need to stay longer next time. A day and a half just wasn't long enough!


6 comments:
so fun! Dustin and I almost moved to cour'delane or however you spell it (i'm not going to look it up right now). We miss all of you guys too...even though we didn't live in the same house :) if you guys ever want to road trip to the bay area you can come stay in our tiny new house (it's actually a tiny old house, but it's new to us).
Oh I miss your kids! That lake looks awesome, my kids would have stayed there all day too. And my boys also have a fear of sharks. Even in the Scera swimming pool.
The beach looks like a blast. And your swimsuit is soooo cute!
Thanks you guys for making the drive!! We had so much fun. Next time you will have to stay much longer so we can eat more donuts:)
Hi Carissa,
Your kids are beautiful!! Not sure if you remember me but we went to hudtloff together for awhile before I moved away. I came across your blog the other day and thought I'd drop in and say hi.
Melanie
http://whispersofgreen.blogspot.com
Sooo I'm totally driving to Coeur D'Alene (or however you spell it!) for the lake and the donuts!! Next time you go let us know :) I'll need a tour guide.
Oh, and love the Wassup pic of Madelynn!
Post a Comment