My cousin got baptized and my Grandma Hjelm (my dad's mom) came into town for the event. This was her first time meeting Madelynn. I haven't even seen her in a long time. Kory's wedding I think? And that was almost 2 years ago!
We finally found a time to go to the pool in our apartment complex. We were the only ones there too for most of the time. The water is relatively warm but still feels good on a hot day. Madelynn wanted to stay and look at her Dora book but don't you worry. She eventually jumped in with Adam. She even got so gutsy as to climb in by herself. I was drying off and turned my back for a second. I looked up and thought "Oh, Madelynn's climbing into the pool....... OH MY GOODNESS! Madelynn's climbing into the pool!" I yelled for Adam who swam faster than humanly possible and grabbed her right as she let go of the side and went under. She was fine and didn't understand what the fuss was about. Jack, on the other hand, was totally fine sitting on the side or on the stairs the whole time. Olivia stayed in her tube and swam around. She has taken some swim lessons and does pretty good on her own as long as she has a floaty or a life jacket on (which we had for all three kids but all three refused to wear them).
Jack and Olivia are slightly obsessed with our old Nintendo Gamecube and Madelynn has to be involved too, so the other morning I found her sitting on the table next to Olivia holding an XBox controller with a super serious look on her face. As long as she thinks she's playing, she's happy.
And Olivia lost her third tooth, this time it was the first one on top. She's lost the two front bottom ones already. This time the tooth had been loose for like a month and I was brushing her teeth with a spin brush. I looked at her teeth and her front tooth had twisted on me. I made Adam pull it though because that kind of thing grosses me out. She was super brave and didn't cry at all. Adam said she looks like a hobo. I thought it looked like she had lost a fight. We are really going to give her a complex.


4 comments:
Aubrey loves to "play" the wii too. She even shakes it like she is playing. I love that you guys have a pool, how fun! Just keep a closer eye on Madelynn, she is too cute!!!
So sad we missed the baptism and seeing Grandma Hjelm! And your pool is really fun! Madelynn totally had no fear of jumping in! Thanks for letting us come over!
It is fun to see all of your pictures! I can't believe that Olivia has lost 3 teeth. Hallei hasn't lost any teeth yet.
The weather here has been SOOOOOO nice!! How fun that you have a pool! You'll have to invite us over for a pool party! :) Wow! Madelynn is sure gutsy! How scary! I'm glad she is okay!
Post a Comment