I have nothing. No updates, no pictures, nothing. I haven't even taken a picture in a week! We are busy getting ready to move to another house. Well, no, not a house. A condo. And Olivia was quite clear about her opinion on the new condo. "This house is really small, Mom." Yeah, I know. But it saves us money each month and hopefully it's only for a year while we save up to buy a house soon.
I do not like moving simply because it's change and I don't really like change all that much. I like my routines and I like security in things that have been the same for a long time. But the house we are in now, as nice as it is, isn't what I'm looking for so we are going to deal with a small condo for a year and see where things go from there. One nice thing about moving, though, is the opportunity to get rid of crap. And we have lots of it.
Madelynn is growing up way too fast. She has opinions even if she can't speak them yet. She is silly and loves to give hugs when someone is sad. She literally is running to the door now when she hears Adam come home. She freaks out when she sees balloons, dogs and birds. She does not like the vacuum. And when she is done with her plate at lunch and dinner, you better be there to get it within three seconds or she will throw it on the floor. She is adorable and stubborn and super friendly. We'd take another of her any day. Well, in a few years :)
Jack is... well, Jack. He is no longer taking naps, although I still make him take on at least once a week. I think he still needs them (ahem... falling asleep in the car is a good sign that he is tired) but I don't like to deal with him up late because he took a nap that day. He is getting to be a pro at Mario Kart and some other games and loves to play with his many "bad guy" castles. We're hoping he gets into preschool at Olivia's elementary school next year. I think he would do well with the structure there.
Olivia is almost done with kindergarten. She is reading now, but would much rather make up her own stories than practice reading the words on the page. She is always asking me questions that I'm not sure how to answer or don't want to answer (like about death and stuff) and she is getting way too smart for me. The other night Jack didn't want to eat dinner so I said he could be done if he took some more bites. I said "Jack, how old are you?" He said he was 5 (um, he's 3) so I said he had to take five more bites. Olivia then complained she was done too so I said "Well, how old are you?" and she looked at me in all seriousness and said "I'm one." Haha... she took one more bite and was done. Sneaky! She's almost done with T-ball too and will be starting dance lessons in the fall.
Adam and I are just busy getting the house packed up and cleaned and now we get to unpack again. And then do this all again in a year if things work out the way we want. Sorry I have no pictures. I'm pretty sure most of you stopped reading already since our life is super boring and yet really busy all at the same time. I just need another vacation!
Thursday, June 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
I love the story about the bites! What a clever girl! Rylynn is the same way about reading. She's so funny and thinks she can write better books than the authors. I hope the move goes well moving is such a pain but it will all be worth it when you get your own house:)
If you need a vacation so bad, come visit us! Celeste was not here nearly long enough. Good luck with the move!
Pretty long post for nothing! haha. Good luck moving! Olivia cracks me up :)
"There's always money in the banana stand. click. click."
I need a vacation too! And I want to see your new condo. And by that, I mean I want to see the pool.
"Dad, I BURNED the banana stand."
Post a Comment