Friday, June 25, 2010

Take me out to the ballgame!

Adam was given some Mariner's tickets from a fellow dentist (oral surgeon, to be exact) and it happened to be the interleague game between the Cubs. It was a really fun game! We were five rows up from the Mariner's dugout and first base line which made me very aware of where the balls were being hit. The Honor Flag was there for the Star Spangled Banner. It is the flag that flew over Ground Zero and is now toured through the US to police departments and such that have lost officers in the line of duty. It was really awesome to see that flag and know what it represented. Afterwards, Nick Lachey (yeah, of 98 Degrees fame) was there to kick off the game. I'm not sure why.
Our seats rocked!
During the game we ate garlic fries and hot dogs. What can I say. We are traditional people. I took a picture of the garlic fries just to show everyone why they are called garlic fries:
And this is almost gone! Look at all that garlic! So good but let me tell you they do nothing for your breath!

We had a great time and hopefully we get tickets again. Nothing beats free tickets with a free parking pass to see the Mariners! Plus, the M's won, so that is always a plus!

5 comments:

Kellie said...

I'm so jealous! I love going to baseball games. I hope Nathan gets tickets to stuff like that when he graduates:)

Rachel said...

My husband is sooo jealous of you right now!! I have heard stories about those garlic fries too. They look sooo yummy. That is so cool you guys got the tickets for free and sat so close! Garrett says we are for sure going to make it out to a game this season so we will have to coordinate and go together.

Kelli said...

Man, I need to hit up a Mariner's game, it's been too long. I need to try me some garlic fries too!

Garrett said...

The Mariners suck! Why don't you route for a real team like the Yankees or Red Sox?

Celeste Pearson said...

I love Mariners games! Even if they lose, I just love being there. Okay, I'll admit it, I go for the food!!

And, um, you're welcome for watching your kids so you could go. Geesh.