Saturday, June 12, 2010

Finally

We are finally moved in to our new place. It's a condo we're renting and is much smaller (and cheaper!) than the house we were renting before, but we've somehow managed to squeeze most of our stuff in here. The best part is the pool that we overlook from our balcony. It gets a little loud sometimes, but it's fun seeing all the kids playing in the pool on hot days like today. We have yet to actually try the pool out since it has either been raining or we've been busy, but we'll see what next week is like. I think FHE at the pool sounds like a great idea!

Olivia's final T-ball game was this past Thursday. She's had a lot of fun playing and never took it super seriously, but she learned a lot and made some friends. I took advantage of the weather to get some cute pictures of Jack and Madelynn too. I got some of Olivia, but my dad's camera is way nicer than mine and his pictures are really good so I'll post his later when he sends them to me.
Rix and Olivia fighting over the ball. She didn't win this time, but she won a couple of times and savored every moment of beating Rix to the ball.
Jack is in this phase (at least I hope it's a phase) where he won't take a serious picture. I either have to catch him by surprise, like above, or bribe him with a quarter to smile instead of making ninja moves or silly faces.
This one, however, knows exactly what to do when a camera is pointed at her. She will stop what ever she is doing to say "eeeeezzzz" (cheese) and give me a big grin.
Ninja moves.
I asked him to smile nicely for me and I'd give him a quarter. Then I asked him to show me his teeth too...
And this is what I got!
Here he is in all his sweetness. He definitely deserved his quarter!
Waving bye!
This one was being silly and wouldn't smile for me the entire game, until I told her that princesses always smile so she gave me her "princess" smile which, to me, looks a little goofy.

Olivia was invited to her friend's birthday party today too, which was at a children's salon in Lacey called Jack and Jill's. While there she got her nails painted and her hair done like a princess. They had some crafts for them too. She had a lot of fun and was super excited about her hair. I took multiple pictures of it so I can copy it some time.
Her mask is beautiful! She also has glitter in her hair (they sprinkled it on her head and then sprayed it with hairspray) and when I took her mask off some of the glitter came off and showered her (and me).
We're having her sleep on a towel tonight to see if it keeps for church tomorrow. Olivia is a crazy sleeper so we'll see how it goes. The hairdo itself doesn't look too tough so now I just need to find an excuse to do it again!

6 comments:

Seriously... said...

super cute kids! they are adorable. I love Madelynn's smile...super cheesy. anyway, moving is so fun. we have a move coming up too. awesome.

April said...

you're nicer than me. elise's hair is all washed. i should have kept it, i just didn't think it would make it???? tanner's took two washings and my tub is now BLUE. I'm so glad Olivia was able to come today and we hope to see more of her this summer!!!! the kids are all darling and you will love to tell Jack about how he earned all his money as a kid! PS i now have your stuff in my van SORRY!!!!

Celeste Pearson said...

Her hair is so cute and it sounds like the perfect place to have a girls bday party! And it was super fun having the kids on the same team. They actually got along pretty well! And I can send you dad's pics. He has them saved on his computer at the office.

Kelli said...

What cute hair, did it save for church? What a fun girls bday idea, I'll have to store that one away for one of Aubrey's birthdays one day. You need to post pictures of your new place, too!

Ana Lee said...

Jack is getting so handsome! I LOVE the first picture where he is caught off guard and serious. How fun Olivia got to got a princess party and be dolled up! I hope you love your new place. Use the pool lots and get a tan for me! :)

Rachel said...

What a cool birthday party! Rylynn would love that! The hairdo is super cute. Don't you love how the youngest child is always the best smiler. It's like hey I don't get enough attention so I will smile for you whenever you like my way! Or maybe they just haven't had to smile for as many pictures as the older ones so they aren't sick of it yet. I love the ninja moves! We can't wait to see you guys in a couple weeks!!