We got there Friday afternoon, checked in and swam until dinner time. Madelynn was in heaven. It was like a huge, glorified bath tub and she could have stayed there all day and night. After dinner we ordered pizza and everyone but me took the kids down for story time in the lobby. I stayed up with Madelynn so she could get some much needed sleep (and so I could read the second Hunger Games book!).
I love that they both have pizza on their face!
This is why Madelynn went to bed instead of going to story time.
After our terrible night of sleep (well, every one else slept well besides Jack and I), we went down a played all day! Our only break was for lunch, which we brought from home. We set up a picnic in the lobby and I'm sure made a huge mess. On with the pictures!
Don't let this smile fool you. Jack hated the life jackets but he had to wear them in order to go down the slides. And it just made me feel better knowing he had one on at all times!
Olivia actually preferred to have a life vest on. On Friday evening, she was out in the wave pool and we couldn't find her. They turned on the waves right when I spotted her and she was clinging to Rix, who was wearing a life vest, and kept going under every time a wave came at them. I got to her okay, but she was really upset about it (I was a little too and may have cried a little about it) but after that she insisted on wearing a vest and I didn't argue.
Madelynn lasted until about 4pm, when she finally cuddled with me and was asleep in about 2 minutes. She was a trooper!
On our way home!
Yep, I know exactly how you feel!


7 comments:
How fun that Mom and Dad were able to do that for you, the kids looked like they had a blast, even Madelynn, which makes me excited to let Aubrey try a swimming pool soon. I love Great Wolf Lodge!
More shirtless pictures of Adam, please!!
We have got to do that sometime soon. It looks so fun! The story about Olivia scared me and I can only imagine that you > have cried:) I know I would have. Luckily my kids love swimming vests right now so that gives me a little peace of mind when it comes to water. The pics of the kids are really cute. I love the one of Madelynn in the baby pool, she looks like she is in heaven. Can't wait to see you guys next week!
So scary about Olivia! So scary! Do they have lifeguards? Glad everyone survived the trip. And, I'm so with you about sleeping with kids in the same hotel room!! Let me know if you need good recommendations when you go to Disneyland! See you in a couple of weeks!
It was a good trip. Cole asks everyday if we are going to water park, and every day there are tears (from him, not me) that we aren't going. We've thought about going in May for Bryce's bday? Maybe?? Are you game?
Looks like fun! We never went to Great Wolf Lodge here, but we went to Kalahari here a few weeks ago and LOVED IT! We'll have to try the GWL in Olympia when we get out there!
PS I love the pic of Madelyn cuddled up with you! So cute!
Looks like you guys had fun! Where is that castle park?? It looks like a blast.
Post a Comment