Every Saturday looks like this. Jack and Olivia either watch a movie on our portable DVD player or color while Madelynn wanders around getting into trouble (pulling all the magazines off the table, getting into Adam's sweeping pile, playing with the toilet, etc).
Adam and I have quite a routine down. It used to take us about 2 1/2 hours or so to clean. Now we can get it done in 1 1/2 hours (or 1 hour when we don't have the kids, which we finally got to do when Jack and Olivia were at a Primary activity last Saturday and we only had Madelynn to worry about). Adam dusts, sweeps and mops the hard floors, waters plants and takes out trash. I clean the bathrooms and mirrors, clean up the kitchen/break area, vacuum and organize the coffee table.
Sometimes we make it a special outing by getting a redbox movie for the kids, stopping for donuts at the local donut shop or, if we're there at lunch or dinner time, packing a picnic or stopping at McDonald's which is conveniently across the street.
Here is what Adam's office looks like:
Front office looking in from the front door. And yes, that is a water fountain on the right!
Here is the waiting area looking from the water fountain. To the left is a little children's area that needs some definite work on it, but that is the least of our worries.
The operatories. There are 4 of them, and they all look the same.
This is what they look like.
Adam's office looks down onto the waiting area. You go upstairs and the break area and kitchen and his office is up there, as well as a lab and storage. But it's open, so you can see the whole office from up there.
Like so. Here you can see the 4 operatories, the xray machine and Adam and Jack cleaning up some boxes. The kids love to help Adam bring the lighter boxes and things to the trash.
The break area and Adam's desk. To the right is a bathroom and the kitchen. To the left is all the storage and labs.
Anyway, this is what we are up to every weekend. It gets a little monotonous to know that every weekend, this takes up a couple hours of our time, but a little extra money is always worth it. If you want to know more about his practice, click here for Light Dental Studios in Lakewood.


9 comments:
It looks so nice! I'm glad to hear that you have shortened your cleaning time. Dale and I clean a big gymnastics/dance place. Hopefully we'll get into a routine soon!
Your baby is growing up! They are all so cute!
Awesome office! I love it, can't wait to see it myself when I'm there!
That looks awesome! You're so lucky that you get to clean the office and earn that extra income.
This is pretty awesome! I like the waterfall--although I thought you were referring to a drinking fountain. :) And, you guys are awesome for working every Saturday morning! A little sweat equity, eh?
I've only seen the waiting room, but I'm taking the boys next week, so I'll get to see the whole thing! And if I'm around, I totally don't mind taking Madelynn while you clean!
Wow! It looks great! I can't wait to see it in person! That is really cool that you guys get to clean it and make some extra cash. Looks like the kids are really good about it. Rylynn would insist on doing the "cleaning" and then I would have to do double duty:)
That sounds like my life growing up! My dad is an optometrist, so my sister and I got the job of cleaning as soon as we were old enough. Fun, fun!
That's awesome! What a great idea to do the cleaning.
Sweet cleaning gig! I like your office!
Post a Comment