Adam and I woke up with the kids and did some Thanksgiving Day shopping. Since when do stores open on Thanksgiving with Black Friday sales? It was weird, but some of the sales were only available on Thanksgiving so we went out to take advantage of that and get some cheap Christmas presents. Afterwards, we went to Nana and Papa's house for the rest of the day. After the kids went down for naps, Celeste, Lindsay and I went to another sale at Old Navy, and it was CRAZY! The line was literally to the back of the store and we stood in it for over an hour. It was worth it, though, because I got a cute sweater for a good deal.
Thanksgiving dinner was super yummy. It's not Turkey day without turkey and ham and potatoes and yams with marshmallows on top, and we had all that! Celeste made a yummy pumpkin cheesecake and I made apple dumplings (with Mountain Dew!). Click here for the recipe. They were so good and easy to make. After dinner, the kids played Wii with Nana while some of us adults played Spoons. Then Celeste and I planned out our Black Friday plan. We hit up Target and Walmart, but will definitely be changing our game plan for next year!
Papa found these ugly things and thought they were funny on Jack. What a cutie, right?
Nana helped the kids make turkeys out of cookies and candy. Click here for the recipe.
Madelynn was super excited for dinner to start. She ate up the turkey like a pro and loved the potatoes and cranberry sauce!
Olivia and Rix waiting for their dinner. All the kids were so good for us and had too much fun playing with Nana and Papa on the Wii and the foosball table. Thanks for hosting us Mom and Dad!






4 comments:
It is about freaking time Poyfair!!! I want to make those turkey cookies next year, I was too lazy this year (like you with your blog). And we didn't get ham this year, I missed that. Glad you had a good day, even with crazy Old Navy lines and all :)
Madelynn's grin is too cute!! She is so adorable. Sounds like you guys were shopping fools! I hope you got some good deals. Glad the day went so well.
We'll have to play spoons again! That was fun! And we are totally revamping our Black Friday strategy next year!
Your baby girl is growing up WAY too fast! Sounds like you guys had lots of fun!
Post a Comment