Jack's latest fun has included the bathroom sink. If I can't find him, he is almost always in the bathroom playing with the water. He eventually had about 20 cars in the "bath", and water all over my counter, floor, and about in inch or two of water in my drawers that cascaded from the counters into the drawers. I'm just glad that I had moved my hair dryer and flat iron to the upstairs bathroom a couple of days earlier! Oh, and Jack was also soaking wet!
Madelynn has been pulling herself up onto EVERYTHING. Her faves are her activity table and the dishwasher, although she is also a pro at pulling herself up on chairs and couches to beg for whatever snack the kids are eating.
Madelynn is also a performer. Not as much as Olivia was as a baby, but much more than Jack. Here she is showing how "big" she is. If you say "Soooo big!" to her, she'll do this. She will also clap if you say "Yeah!" or "Hooray Madelynn!" It's really cute. And it looks like she's actually saying "TOUCHDOWN!"
At Olivia's swim class.
Olivia is floating all by herself here. She did it for over 5 seconds!
We went to the Christmas festival at the Lakewood Town Hall. There were real reindeer there and the kids we so excited to see them especially after I explained that reindeer drove Santa's sleigh. Olivia asked why the reindeer were tied up and I told her that they would fly away if they weren't. Her expression was priceless. And the reindeer were beautiful. Their antlers were HUGE!
Obviously she did not want her picture taken. She always gives me this look, like she's mad at me, and then she'll break into a big grin, like "just kidding!"
The kids were super excited to see Santa. Jack told him he wanted a Batman cave and Olivia said she wanted a Wii or a video game. Olivia thinks Santa is made of money, apparently. After they saw Santa, the kids got a candy cane (of course) and then they got to pick out a toy. There was a huge table full of used toys that had been donated by people in the community. Even though they were used toys, there were some nice picks. Olivia got a baby Ariel doll that goes in the bath with her and Jack got a stuffed frog. And I know Madelynn is missing a sock. She pulls them off all the time and I got tired of putting them on all the time. More posts to come, I'm so behind!












6 comments:
Cute pics! And you are a better mom than me. I wouldn't let my kids play in the sink like that! They'd ruin everything and make a mess!
Holy cow Madelynn is so cute (and bald!!!)!!!!! I can't wait to see your kids again! We had to lock the boys bathroom so they wouldn't play with the water, we just have a key to open it for getting ready for bed. I need to take my kids to see Santa, although I can guarantee Aubrey will cry and Roman will refuse :)
Okay I totally spot Lightening McQueen and Mater in that car "bath"! We have Cars cars coming out our ears over here! I swear we bought the whole line for Carter for Christmas. He is obsessed! Carter gives his cars a bath three times a day too, but he insists on taking a bath with them, so we are on the three bath a day schedule right now!!! Madelynn is so dang cute. I want to see her do her little tricks! I love the picture with the missing sock. When she grows up you can tell her what a pain she was being that day:)
Your kids are so cute. Glad you have become so creative with indoor entertainment. My kids love playing in the sinks too--that reminds me, I need to have Kade do my dishes when he's bored. One to try--mini indoor swimming pool. Jordyn & Austin get swim suits on and take baths together (this is a rare treat and they have to have swim suits on together...).
you got WAY better Santa pictures than we did. Love the missing sock, Madelyn!
Oh man. I can't let Jeremy see Jack playing in the sink. That kid loves to wash his hands and if he ever thought of actually playing in the sink, I'd never see him dry again.
Post a Comment