My sister gave us free tickets to see the Festival of Trees last Saturday. There were a lot of beautiful Christmas trees to see and amazing music played by guest bands and choirs. The kids loved all of the trees and Adam and I were just glad we didn't have to pay for it!
This was Olivia's favorite tree. She voted for it for "Kid's Choice" simply because it was pink and purple. I knew right away which tree she was going to choose!
Jack and Olivia in front of the "Grinch" tree.
Daddy and Madelynn. I was also there, hence the picture-taking, but I am not in the mood to post an unflattering picture of me taken by Olivia :)
This awesome tree had two of these animatronic (is that how you spell it?) dinosaurs and a bunch of baby ones, plus a volcano to go with it.
Obviously Jack's favorite tree. The stupid ropes around it were doing nothing to keep him back. It came with so many super hero toys, backpacks, games, etc. He was in heaven!
This was the tree I voted for. It was called "Sleepless in Seattle" and had a nature theme, but in pretty blues and greens. The picture doesn't do it justice!
Although I loved this tee too, with the big ol' feathers on top! Some of the trees came with baby grand pianos, a motorcycle, trips to exotic resorts, and tons of other crazy stuff! I'm not quite sure how the Festival of Trees works. I think an auction maybe? Anyway, it was beautiful and I can only dream of actually owning one of these gorgeous trees, or all the awesome swag that comes with it. Thanks for the tickets Celeste!









5 comments:
It is an auction. People come to the dinner event and the trees are auctioned, and if you buy the tree (for thousands of dollars) you get all the stuff with that comes with that tree. Glad you had fun! I'd like to go, but without kids :) Too many breakables!
How fun! I'm guessing if we were there Rylynn would have picked the pink and purple tree too. I love the feather tree and your favorite one too. They were all so beautiful!
I love the Festival of Trees. And it gives me so many ideas for mine--not that mine look that fancy...yet. Glad you guys had fun! Kade had a hard time at the Carebear tree since he's attached himself to Jordyn's 2 pink ones at home. And of course, we didn't bring them with us and he had a melt down cause he wanted them...
I've never been to a festival of trees although I hear they are gorgeous to look at. I'm sure my boys would have overlooked the ropes, too. Since you enjoyed it, maybe we'll have to do it next year.
I love Festival of Trees! I'm excited that you have one there! I get to go next year! LOVE the tree with the feathers on top! GORGEOUS!
Post a Comment