Monday, August 31, 2009

Adam's 30th Birthday!

Adam is an old man now. We will be buying him hearing aids and a walker soon! He turned the big 3-0 on Friday, which was nice because Adam doesn't work on Fridays. We started out the day with doughnuts for breakfast and ended up running some errands because our computer broke down and we had to take it in to get repaired (hopefully!). After lunch Adam went to get a massage at Massage Envy using a gift card I got him for Father's Day. Can you believe that this was his first professional massage ever?! He is a true believer now!

That night we got a babysitter for the kids and met some family up at Claim Jumper's near Southcenter Mall. We met Nana and Papa, Celeste and Bryan, and Kory and Ana Lee. It was a lot of fun to get together and the food at Claim Jumper's is always yummy! Expensive, but yummy. And I'm always too full to actually get dessert, so one time I need to go there for only dessert like the chocolate motherlode cake or the berry pie. We did end up getting the Parmesan Zucchini because they are the best fried zucchini ever!
Adam and I at Claim Jumper's. See his special red velvet cupcake? After this picture he actually stuffed the entire thing in his mouth. See why I can't take him in public?Mom, Dad, Celeste and Bryan. Adam, me, Ana Lee and Kory.

We had a little cake and ice cream party on Sunday too. Some family came over and sang a rousing (as in terrible) rendition of Happy Birthday and the kids ate way too much frosting. Adam opened a few presents and that was it. It was simple and fun and I am so glad I did not have to make a Princess cake again!
Bringing Adam's giant cupcake to him. It was like an inferno. It was so hot!Jack was so excited to sit by Adam and help blow out his candles. He actually blew out an entire half for Adam, little stinker! Adam and his cake. I love my awesome Wilton Giant Cupcake pan!My nephew Cole LOVED the frosting on his cupcake. Can you tell? It was too cute!Princess Olivia obviously loved her cupcake too.Adam gets to expand his dentist wardrobe with some more shirts and ties. Yeah!LOVE this shirt. In case you can't read it, it says: She says I don't listen... or something like that.
He also got a game called Wits and Wagers and an iTunes gift card for his iTouch from the kids and I. He was very spoiled!

10 comments:

Seriously... said...

Happy Birthday Adam! We miss you guys! If we lived near by Adam and Dustin could go get massages together on one of their man dates (Dustin has been wanting one for a while now....massage that is. Man date too actually....and both on the same evening would be a magical dream come true). Hope you enjoy being old!

Celeste Pearson said...

I wish Adam had a birthday every month. It was so fun to go to dinner and see him eat that cupcake! His mouth is HUGE!

Stina said...

He shoved the entire cupcake in his mouth? I am so totally impressed! And, you are such a hottie! Look at you all skinny and your hair all long! OW OW!!

Stina said...

PS. I was talking to Carissa, not Adam...

Kelli said...

Claimjumper?! Lucky! I'm glad Adam had a birthday so you could have an excuse to eat some yummy food. I totally want to borrow your cupcake cake pan for Aubrey's birthday, can you share?

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday Adam! How fun! Too bad we weren't in Cleveland to celebrate, I miss all your yummy cakes!

Summer said...

Happy B-day Adam!!!

Cute giant cupcake, Carissa! That is awesome!!!

Erik & Kimberly said...

Adam, the thirties are great! Man you live the life with Fridays off.

Rachel said...

Happy birthday old man! I can't believe that was your first massage! They are the best! I love the giant cupcake cake, that is so cute!

Miriam said...

First of all I have to ask, did you and Celeste plan your wardrobes together? I mean, you look enough alike already! On that note, Carissa, you look so skinny! Washington is definetly agreeing with you.

Happy Birthday Adam. Now you're old like Damon. He's been old since March so if you need some tips just give him a call!

Miss you guys!