Olivia turned 5 on August 4! I can't believe I have a kindergartener in the house! She is such a big girl now and so independent. I am proud of her every day for all the things she learns and does. She surprises me all the time!
We started her birthday celebrations a couple weeks early at Chuck E Cheese's. We combined a family party for her and her cousin Rix. They had a lot of fun and still talk about the games and rides they went on. Jack insists that his birthday be at Chuck E Cheese's as well, although he asks me every day if it is his birthday! Nana and Papa came as well as Rix's family (the Pearsons) and us. We got some pizza and root beer and each kid got some tokens. We let them go on rides and then they played games to get tickets to buy *coughCRAPcough* at the counter.

I had to take a picture of this- Do you see what Jack is holding? Yup, it's a purse. He calls it his "bear bag" since it's a bear head with a zipper and a handle. I call it a purse.


Olivia and Jack enjoying the rides. I love that every game and ride is only one token.

Jack and Olivia eating their pizza. They LOVE Chuck E Cheese's. I'm not a huge fan since it's pricey, but I'm willing to deal with it for the sake of birthdays (or potty training... Jack).

Olivia held onto Madelynn so she could go on a ride. Don't you love her party skirt?!
On Olivia's actual birthday she got to go to McDonald's for lunch. We met Adam there since it is across the street from his dental practice and Celeste and her kids met us there too. She got to play computer games and puzzles for quiet time (although this was the day after our trip home from Utah and she was in desperate need for a nap!) and then she got to choose the dinner menu. She wanted pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream on top (like IHOP). We made cupcakes and had them for dessert. I let her open one present, which was from her aunt Kelli and she loved it. It is a Thumbelina purse with earrings and a necklace. She seriously wore them all for a week straight, even in public!

We then went to Red Robin for her free meal that weekend. Kory and Ana Lee were in town so they met us there with Celeste and her family and Nana and Papa. She got to sit by Nana and was super excited for the workers to sing to her. She was so nervous that they were going to forget! She had to wear a mask and got a balloon and a sundae, which she shared (so nice!).

Olivia showing off her necklace and earrings. I still can't convince her to pierce her ears though!

Love this face! Madelynn is so super cute and loved being in a high chair so she could see everyone.

Kory and my Dad were on Cole patrol since Celeste had all three of her boys there by herself.

Olivia being sung to. She was so happy!

Nana, Rix, Ana Lee and Adam (and Jack's bum- seriously, he was being
that kind of kid)

Celeste with Cole and Bryce. Thanks for coming everyone!
On Sunday we had a family dinner at my house and then Olivia got her cake and ice cream, along with the rest of her presents. She really wanted a Belle cake, and it didn't turn out like it was supposed to in my head, but she loved it. It was a lot of work and I am not sure I'll be making any spectacular cakes for a while! Olivia got lots of awesome presents like a coloring book and crayons, a Barbie car, some books, Barbie furniture, a Cinderella doll and Snow White dress up. Thanks to every one who remembered Olivia on her birthday. Can you see how she was confused about when her actual birthday was and when she actually turned 5? I definitely confused the poor girl!


The Belle cake. Someone mentioned that it looked like Belle was wearing a big dress and then sat down in the middle of it. I think that about sums up why it didn't turn out the way I wanted it to, but it was stressful and I am just glad it came together at all!

Olivia opening her presents. She and Jack love this book- the pages are cut into thirds, so you can switch heads and dresses and bodies of the different princesses. They think it's silly.

Olivia loves her Barbie car. She and Jack fight about it a lot. I can't wait until Jack is old enough to know that Barbie cars are not the coolest thing for him.
Olivia loves her Barbie furniture, mostly because she's hoping that they will go into the Barbie house that Papa promised her one of these days.
Olivia also loves to color for quiet time and for church. She is a big princess fan too.
Here she is with her new Cinderella doll. Can you see the dress Olivia has on in all these pictures? This is the pillowcase dress I made for her. Cute, huh?
Showing off her new Snow White dress. I already know what she is going to be for Halloween!
Here are some things about Olivia:
LOVES:
Disney princesses and Barbies
Wearing dresses every day
Playing at the park
Playing Disney or Noggin online, she also loves Ben 10 and Scooby Doo
Macaroni and cheese, chicken nuggets, PB & honey, pancakes, broccoli, vanilla ice cream and milk
Helping me cook and bake
Sleeping in Mommy's room, although she loves to share rooms with Madelynn too
Reading and doing puzzles and coloring and drawing
Taking pictures with my camera
HATES:
Getting shots or taking medicine
Getting hurt
Taking naps
Sharing (although she does share, she just doesn't like it)
When Mommy leaves somewhere without her
Having her hair combed
OLIVIA'S PERFECT DAY:
Waking up and having pancakes for breakfast, preferably with strawberries and whipped cream on top. Going to the park to play and then going to McDonald's for lunch where she can play on the playland and eat chicken nuggets. Afterwards, while Jack and Madelynn napped, she would go to the movies with Mommy or Daddy and eat popcorn. For dinner she would have macaroni and cheese and get ice cream for dessert. She would get to stay up late doing puzzles with Mommy and Daddy and fall asleep in our room.
We love you so much Olivia! You are such a precious girl. You help Mommy and Daddy all day and are such a wonderful big sister. You are sensitive to others feelings and I love that you think every one you meet is your "best friend". You are so excited to learn new things and I know you will be so happy in kindergarten!
6 comments:
Was the someone who said something about your cake...Celeste? And, you're an awesome mom to make her day so special! And, don't worry too much about Jack--the boy thing starts gaining power when they turn about 4. Slowly the dress-up shoes, necklaces, and nail polish lose their appeal!
Sounds like an awesome multi-day b-day celebration! Olivia is such a sweetheart! I love the pillowcase dress and the Belle cake! What a good mom!
Love the pillowcase dress...does it come in, say, 24 month size? :) Good job on the cake, I always want to make one for my kids but I get lazy and opt for store bought. Olivia is so cute, so girly, I love it!
Stina, how did you know it was me? Is it my brutal honesty?? Haha! Anyways, it probablly was me. And it's not a purse, Carissa, it's a MANpurse - with a bear head. I'm glad Livvy's birthday turned out so good! She was so cute opening her presents. And I love that mine was her favorite :) J/K...sort of. I'm getting Jack a Ken doll (ahem, I mean ACTION FIGURE) for his birthday.
Hallei and Olivia have so much in common! Sounds like she had lots of fun for her birthday!
We miss that cute girl! Rylynn was very sad to learn that she missed her birthday and has a present for her that we are bringing to the FAIR! She is so excited that the fair is soon. Looks like she had a great birthday. I think the cake looks great and the pillowcase dress is so cute! I guess that means you figured out how to use your sewing machine:) I love Jack's man bag too, it goes well with his love for the barbie car. He looks so old to me in those pics! Happy birthday Olivia!
Post a Comment