Monday, June 1, 2009

Keeping busy...

We are officially Washingtonians. It's a little hard not being in our own place yet and I miss a lot of my things in the storage unit (most of them my fun kitchen gadgets!) but we have a little over 2 weeks left until we can move in. Until then, we have been trying to keep busy!

A few days after we got here, we drove (as if we hadn't been in the car enough!) 2 hours south of here to Vancouver, Washington where Adam grew up. His brother was getting married so we drove down to be there for that and spend time with family. I love my in-laws and haven't seen most of them in almost 2 years so it was fun to catch up and let the kids play together. Olivia was super excited for the wedding and insisted on wearing a dress even though the event was casual. After the ceremony we gathered at a local park for a picnic. The food was super yummy (LOVE the Texas Caviar, Amy!) and the kids got to play at the playground. The weather was hot and poor Jack was so tired and hot but kept on truckin' on the slides. It was like he was on a mission to get as much play time as possible no matter how tired or dehydrated he was!Livvy Sue playing on the jungle gym. (No, her middle name is not Sue, it's Jane, but I've called her Livvy Sue since she was a baby and she likes it). She would stop mid-playing to pose and say cheese. She is so well trained.Jack was so thirsty and hot (and TIRED) that he would stop whatever he was doing only if there was a drink in sight, like my Diet DP. He drank half of it and then wanted his own, so we switched him to Sierra Mist and water. Can you see how red his cheeks are? That's not sunburn. It's exhaustion.Cute Madelynn. We ended up stripping her down to her diaper (and bow, so you could tell she was a girl) and putting her to sleep in the car seat. Presley (sorry if I spelled that wrong!), Tatum, Olivia and Nolan on this cool teeter-totter thing.Meagan, Tessa and Jack on the other side. Sarah is in the back taking pics.My kids loved playing with their cousins!

We got back just in time to go to the 5th Avenue Theater with my parents. The theater is really old and beautiful inside. We saw "Grease" and I LOVED it. I think if I could go back and start college over again, I would seriously think about music theater. I think it would be so fun! The songs were great, the dancing was awesome and Taylor Hicks, even though I hated him on American Idol, was wonderful as Teen Angel. It was a funny show and I was sad when it was over.

Yeah, Adam and I are dorks compared to Celeste and Bryan.
We also got started on our garden. My parents have a huge lot in the backyard for their garden and had about a third left so they let us use it. We are planting tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers, squash, zucchini, green beans, green onions, carrots and some other things. My parents are also growing some herbs and garlic. I'm excited! Olivia really got into the planting thing and picked out some flowers to plant. She had lots of fun with Nana planting her own purple flowers.

Thanks Nana for letting Olivia have her own pot and everything. She is excited to watch them grow!

My brother-in-law Bryan is working at a house on the lake so we went there one night to play in the water. I didn't think my kids would actually like the water so we didn't pack swim suits. Olivia, though, loved it so I let her swim in her dress. Jack hated it, like predicted, and played in the small patch of sand for a while and threw rocks in the water (and at people accidentally. His aim is not that great). Isn't it beautiful? One of the reasons I love the northwest!Olivia hiking up her dress so it doesn't get wet. It was pointless since she ended up wading in anyway and eventually swimming with Daddy.

Rix and Olivia getting brave. After this Rix fell down and did not like it, but got back up and went swimming too.Cole and Jack stayed on the shore. I think the water was a little cold for them anyway.
This picture is for Celeste. Bryan threw Bryce in the air and it turned out to be a super cool picture.
Madelynn just hung out far from the water and in the shade.
We've even had time for a fat lip. Olivia fell while playing outside and cut the inside and outside of her upper lip (obviously). She stopped crying long enough to pose and smile for a couple of pictures. The swelling went down a lot by the next day, but it was pretty awesome for a while.

6 comments:

Stina said...

You are so not allowed to have fun in Washington! It's boring and terrible and you want to move to Utah right away!!!

That being said--what fun times! Poor Olivia's lip!! That looks so sad. Give her lots of popsicles!!

Celeste Pearson said...

I didn't realize how bad her lip was until I saw that picture! So sad! And it's been fun since you've been here (although you go to Target at TERRIBLE times!) and we totally need to go back to the lake. The Smith's said we can go anytime!

Kelli said...

I'm with Stina...no having fun! I'm glad you can point out that you and Adam are dorks compared to Celeste and Bryan...I wouldn't have noticed otherwise :) Glad the kids are having fun with their cousins and grandparents! And I can't believe you hit Olivia...I mean I can't believe she fell *wink wink* :)

Ana Lee said...

Oh my gosh her lip got huge! Grease would be so fun to see at 5th Ave. I love all of the pictures from the lake too. I'm getting anxious to come visit!

Jon and Caprice said...

What lake is that? Can't wait to see you guys!

Elise said...

We miss you guys!!! I loved reading your blog and getting caught up, I've sort of dropped of the blog earth lately. But I'm glad you're managing to have fun in WA, if you ever need a trip, I hear South West Florida has awesome beaches...up for another road trip?!