We still haven't moved into our house yet and won't move in until this week some time. Until then, we are living with my mom and dad and trying to find things to do so the kids don't get cabin fever. My sister Celeste has a zoo pass for Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium in Tacoma. With her pass she can get some people in for free, so we enjoyed a free day at the zoo. It was really hot, especially for Tacoma, so we didn't stay super long, but we still had fun. We got to watch the fish get fed in the big tank and saw a seahorse exhibit. We also saw the elephants and monkeys and some other small animals. After that the kids wanted to go to the Kid Zone where they could play. Thanks for the fun day Celeste!

Sorry it's so dark... but you get the idea, right? We are so proud of Adam :)
For some reason, the elephants are always my kids' favorite thing to look at. Maybe because they are so big that they are easy to see? Wow, I hope I didn't hurt the elephants feelings with that comment...

Olivia coming out of a coral in the Kid Zone.

If you can't tell by the look on Jack's face, the slide is hot, but they insisted on going down multiple times.

Olivia and Bryce "drinking" from the squirt park in the Kid Zone. I'm pretty sure that's unsanitary but mostly they were just getting themselves squirted in the eye. And I know that looks like Jack, but Bryce is his hair-twin cousin. Cute huh?
We also went to my nephew Rix's T-ball game. It was funny. One of the kids ran straight to second base from home. Like 20 minutes into the game all the kids in the outfield were completely distracted by their mitts or the grass or something. Anyway, Rix played really well and we had fun watching him.

Rix playing catched and outfielder. I'm pretty sure that catcher's mask is heavier than he is, but look at his ourfielder postition. Doesn't he look like a pro?

At one point I said, "Where's Jack?" which is something I say quite often every day anyway. So we look over and he has plopped himself down into someone's kid camping chair and is just lounging while watching the game. He is so funny sometimes.

Olivia has really been missing Ohio. We've had a couple of cry sessions with her about how she misses "Rylynn and Carter and Jaxson and Emma!" She tells me over and over that her only friend in Washington is Rix and Bryce and Cole (her cousins) and she even cried before going into her new Primary class because Rix wasn't with her. So the other day she insisted on talking to Hayden, her other cousin, on the phone and they seriously had a ten minute conversation about everything they could think of. She was so cute, asking about Hayden's birthday party and telling him what she was doing. She really misses all her friends!
6 comments:
Let Olivia know that my boys miss her too. At least you're enjoying yourselves and keeping busy! Good luck with the move, send me cute pics of your new house!
Are you buying or renting? And that's so sad how much Olivia misses her friends! I hope we never move (mostly because we are getting all these projects done and my house is exactly as I want it!!!).
Oh, and tell Adam he's hot!
You totally offended the elephants. We may never be able to take you back now.
That is so adorable that Olivia called Hayden :) I love the picture of Jack in someone else's chair, haha. Rix does look like a pro! I'm excited for you guy to get in your new place, that will be great!
I'm kind of offended that she doesn't miss Gay. I thought we were friends, Olivia...I thought we were friends. What's a Gay to do? I guess all I can do is keep being Gay. My time will come and it will be a very Gay day!
WE MISS YOU TOO OLIVIA! The other day Emma made me stop by your house to check and see if it was really empty and locked. She had to check the doors and pear in through the windows. She was so sad! I think it made it REAL to her that Olivia is really gone! Good luck moving into your new house! Can't wait to hear the update when things calm down!
Post a Comment