Anyway, just in case no one knew, ADAM GRADUATED!!! I always knew he would but it always felt so far away. It was a beautiful day outside and the ceremony, although a bit long for Olivia (and me!) wasn't as long as I thought it was going to be. We are so proud of Adam and all his hard work. He really put all his passion into dental school and we know he will be a great dentist! My awesome sisters watched Jack and Madelynn while Olivia and I went to the dental luncheon and then the ceremony. Olivia was funny, she told me "Daddy looks silly" when he came out in his cap and gown.
Both of my sisters came out before we moved to have one last "girls weekend" which actually turned out to be a "help Carissa move" weekend. Sorry ladies! We did fit in a whole day at Cedar Point with dinner out at Olive Garden to finish it off. We didn't get any pictures at Cedar Point, but let me tell you, there were a few times I thought I would never see my kids again. On the Dragster and the Power Tower (the one that slooooowly brings you way too high in the air and then drops you). Seriously, I would yell "What was I thinking?!" as I thought I was falling to my death. My kids got big hugs from me when we got home. It was a lot of fun and I remember now why I love amusement parks (heck, my honeymoon was at Disneyland!). We also went to the outlet mall and let the kiddos spend some time at the playground there.
We brought the kids home some cotton candy from Cedar Point. Obviously Jack loves it so much that he is saving some for later!By the way, moving sucks. Not that I ever thought I liked moving, but I can definitely say for sure now, that it sucks. I love the idea of a new start, but I hated packing things in boxes and wondering if they were going to break or get lost somehow. We packed up Wednesday and Thursday of last week and then headed out after lunch on Thursday. My sister Celeste and her 18-month-old Cole drove back with us, and my dad flew in on the red-eye Thursday morning to help us drive back. We stayed in Hamptons all the way home, which was my dad's idea but I LOVE their beds. So soft! And one of the hotels even had a water slide. Olivia loved it until I lost balance with her on my lap at the end and we ended up going under water at the bottom. Jack was kind of forced to go down (yeah, I'm that kind of Mom) and loved it until we hit the bottom and the water was too cold. The drive was long and my kids and my sister and nephew were exhausted and sore. By the second day of the four day trip, my nephew Cole would just cry at the site of the van or his car seat. All of us had sore necks and shoulders and backs from driving 12-14 hours a day too. But we made it. We pulled into my parent's house Sunday night around 5:30pm and unloaded the moving truck the next day.
Memorial Day was full of things to do. We went to my parent's ward pancake breakfast and then ran to Target to get some essentials. After unloading the van into the storage unit (and finding Olivia's bows but NOT my library book!) I ran some errands with my mom and sister and then ran to the farmer's market with my dad. We had a BBQ at the house and then celebrated my brother-in-law Bryan's birthday and my nephew Bryce's birthday with cake and ice cream.
It has been such a whirwind the past couple of weeks. It feels like I left Ohio a long time ago, but I know it hasn't even been a week yet. I was broken hearted when I moved to Ohio and now I am broken hearted to leave. I miss Ohio and my cute little tree lined street. I miss my cute house and all my friends. I miss jewelry making parties and bow making parties. I miss the Relief Society girl's night outs. I miss playing outside with my kids on the neighbor's play set. I miss all my favorite stores and hang outs. I miss Kirtland and the musical that I wanted to be in again this year. I felt like I was a part of something in Cleveland, whether it be a group of friends or part of Kirtland's history or part of the church or dental school there. I am unsure of my place here in Lakewood, Washington. I don't know what is missing, maybe a house of my own or a job for Adam or just to have my daily routine back. We'll see. I'm still in denial that the end of my time in Ohio has passed, but I am excited to start this new chapter in my life and live near my sister Celeste and my parents. I am going to dearly miss living near my other sister Kelli. She is in Toledo for one more year and I loved being able to jump in the car and be at her house in 2 hours. We spend a lot of holidays and weekends together and I might not see her until Christmas and it makes me really sad to think about that. Miss you Kel!


10 comments:
I still miss cleveland sometimes. I miss having friends. we really haven't made any here. It was a fun group back there and there was always someone to hang out with or go to the park with if you were bored. Out here not so much. Maybe I just miss student life???? I don't know. Hopefully things will get better when we buy a home, then we'll feel like we have to make friends wherever we are. I need to stop hanging out with my mom all the time. :) Hope you guys are getting settled.....I love the uncle ricco picture!
The Summer that Ben and I were dating, I had bought a season pass to Six Flags New England. We went several times, because I also got a free coupon book with discounted admission in it (that he could use). One time, we were there with two friends, one of whom wanted to go on the tall tower that shoots you up high, slows down at the end, hangs you there for an eternity, and then drops you like a yoyo -- up and down and up and down. I didn't want to go on it and the other friend didn't either, but somehow we allowed ourselves to be talked into it. Since there are only three seats on a side, we sat on two separate sides. I was okay going up, but while we were hanging up there and I was looking around, I thought "Oh crap...now we have to go down!" And we did. When we did, I started screaming at Ben "I HATE YOU!! I HATE YOU!! I HATE YOU!!!!!!" I could hear my friend around the corner screaming "I'M GONNA DIE! I'm GONNA KILL YOU!" It was all pretty funny looking back on it.
You made me tear up again reading your post! I miss you already, especially at Kirtland rehearsals!
I'm glad you made it home safely! WOW! That's a loooooooooong drive! I thought it was bad driving out here from Utah. It must be so nice to be back near your family.
Oh, and congrats, Dr. Poyfair! Washington's teeth will be in good hands! HaHaHa!
Congrats on a successful move and to Dr. Poyfair!!! Glad you and Celeste had fun on the drive...sounded brutal to me! It'll be fun to see you in Washington next time we visit!
I'm sad I never made it out to visit you... but my sister is moving to Seattle next year (prob) so a visit could still happen! Congrats to Adam! Oh, and I loved the pic with all three of you girls together. I think this is the first I've seen where you all have the same hair color. :) But maybe it's just the picture.
You will find your place in no time. Remember you just had 3 years of finding your new place. It won't take long. I hope you adjust soon! I'm glad you guys made the best of the trip. Kind of sad I didn't actually get to see you! haha. Love you!
Miss you guys too =( Glad I didn't have to help you move though!
Um, thanks for giving Cole credit for being "soft" with Madelynn. Apparently you didn't see him giving her "love taps" - okay, hits - like every five minutes. But we are working on it! Thanks for a fun week and freaking long drive!!
A few things: That Cole is SO cute! Second, I also can't wait for the Puyallup Fair! Third, I also don't know my place here. I want my old routine back too. Fourth, I miss Cleveland!!!!! After we get back from our cruise on the 5th, can you guys come over to play?
Carissa I totally agree! I cried the day we moved in, and even harder the day we left. Never thought I'd miss Cleveland so much :)
Post a Comment