This is Madelynn's perch while I am in the bathroom getting ready in the morning. She stays here while I shower and dry my hair. Usually she is sleeping through most of it but many times she also just watches me or Jack will try and entertain her (while I watch closely to make sure he doesn't try to pick her up or sit on her).
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
2 months old
Where has the time gone! It really feels like just yesterday I was checking into the hospital to be induced and now my baby girl is 2 months old! Madelynn really is coming into her personality and I love it. She is such an easy baby, which is nice because most of the day I am dealing with Jack and Olivia still. She sleeps quite a bit still, but is up at night for a few hours until about 10ish when she is wrapped and fed and put to bed, where she will sleep until about 4 or 5am for me (nice, huh?). She loves her swing, her Baby Einstein baby gym (she'll talk to the star above her and kick and squirm and it is so cute) and smiles for every one. Madelynn loves her binky, falls asleep in the car seat every time, really only cries when she is hungry or tired (or Jack has thrown a toy at her again), and is such a snuggler!
Madelynn had bronculitis, which is a fancy way of saying bronchitis for kids. She had to be on a nebulizer for a few days whenever she got "wheezy". The mask looked like a fish and Madelynn smiled and cooed through her treatments, unless she was sleeping through the whole thing.
Jack loved getting his picture taken, and even more, he loves to see the picture on the camera after I've taken it. And yes, he does have a knot on his forehead thanks to his forehead meeting the concrete floor at Costco. What picture of Jack would be complete without some sort of bruise, scrape, black eye, etc?
Madelynn and her Einstein gym. She loves her "friend" the star, and then talks to the animals on the mat for tummy time. Notice Jack and Olivia's feet/hands next to her. They were as enthralled with the play mat as much as Madelynn was.

Isn't she adorable?! The shoes were Olivia's "purchase" (I didn't notice she had put them in the cart at Walmart until after I'd gotten home and paid for them and then lost the receipt. Olivia told me "I thought they would be cute for baby Madelynn!" How can I argue with that?) and the headband I bought online. It's interchangable, so I can put whatever flower or bow I want on the band. I also got a band in black and one in white. She seriously was so cute I couldn't stop taking pictures of her!
This is Madelynn's perch while I am in the bathroom getting ready in the morning. She stays here while I shower and dry my hair. Usually she is sleeping through most of it but many times she also just watches me or Jack will try and entertain her (while I watch closely to make sure he doesn't try to pick her up or sit on her).
I love this picture because Olivia is pushing Madelynn's face towards to camera and telling her to say "cheese". I have my kids (well, Olivia) trained so well. Olivia always wants to hold Madelynn and I love what a big helper Olivia is. She really is such a wonderful big sister and it's amazing to me how old she is now. Maybe it's because Madelynn looks like a mini-Olivia, but I definitely am realizing how fast my kids are growing up and how time really does go too quickly.
This is Madelynn's perch while I am in the bathroom getting ready in the morning. She stays here while I shower and dry my hair. Usually she is sleeping through most of it but many times she also just watches me or Jack will try and entertain her (while I watch closely to make sure he doesn't try to pick her up or sit on her).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
I love the pics, she is half the size of Aubrey! I can't wait to get my headbands although I need some serious help in the flower making department. Aubrey is 5 months and has yet to wear shoes...okay, maybe once she did. But still, I love hers. She is so cute! She better have some big smiles for me!
Cute pics! Time does go by really fast!
She is so much fun right now! I wanted to steal her on Sunday because she looked so adorable! I am really hoping this baby is a girl now so I can buy those cute headband things. Olivia and Jack love her so much too. Olivia wanted to help me with everything for Madelynn yesterday. I think you already have Madelynn trained on the smiling thing too! She is such a smiley girl.
That's so sad she has to do the nebulizer. At least she's not scared of it. And, that's the exact same face mask Austin has--Bubbles! I hope she and Aubrey have quick recoveries! And she's too too cute! (So are your other kids too!)
She is so cute! And I love Olivia's purchase. Mom was saying how good of a "mommy" she is to Madelynn! And you can be honest about Jack's forehead - you beat him again, right?? :) Seriously, whenever my kids have bruises or scrapes, people look at me like I beat me kids. Hello! If I was going to bruise them, it wouldn't be on the face! :) J/K!
P.S. The nebulizer was way cute. Even though it represents her being sick!
She is adorable. The shoes are beautiful. Olivia did a great job sneaking them in the cart. At least she has good taste. They ARE pink.
Madelynn reminds me so much of you. You always were smiling.
either would work, just make sure they are plain and not seasoned. This time i used the kind for stuffing and it worked great. last time i used the salad kind, and they were seasoned, and it was not so good.
or toast would work too.....
I think Madelynn is a mini-Olivia too. She is adorable. I love how much "help" the older kids are. Sorry she was sick, that is no fun. So sad to see your babies sick.
She is so pretty, Carissa! Love the pics! That is the cutest story about Olivia sneaking the shoes for Madelynn! The girl's got taste! Love the headband too! Cute, cute, cute!
She is sooooo cute! She looks just like Olivia. I always feel so bad for little babies on nebulizers but at least she's feeling better! I was going to tell you last night...you are looking so good! I wish I could lose pregnancy weight like that. You must be working hard. Hopefully you will find a job soon!
Post a Comment