This past weekend we had my mom and dad as well as my sister Kelli and her family come into town for Madelynn's blessing. It got a little crazy in the house with 6 adults and 6 kids four-years-old and under, but we had a lot of fun. On Valentine's Day we took the kids to the Children's Museum.




The kids and their cousins had a lot of fun playing at the Big Red Barn, the sand area and the water table. Jack loved the grocery store and Olivia loved the house where she could play "mommy." I loved trying to get all the sand off of the kids (it was
everywhere!). I guess it's good that we played in the sand and then the water, not the other way around! The kids loved climbing on this little contraption and Hayden and Olivia were pros at climbing all the way to the top, so Jack and Roman tried to do it too. Roman did fine as long as someone helped him and his short little legs up. Jack, on the other hand, freaked out a little because he was stuck and couldn't figure out how to get up or down. In fact, Adam had to squeeze in and get him! Every one in the museum was watching the drama unfold as Jack screamed and Adam climbed! Sorry, I had to document the whole thing because he was so cute when he was scared!

Okay, this looks like fun... I think...

Adam trying to help him down from the outside, but that didn't work.

Isn't is sad how he is reaching for help but stuck in that net?!

Adam finally squeezed through but Jack didn't believe me when I said that it was Daddy's hand that he saw.

Finally Adam just pulled him down and he saw that it was Daddy. He got a little confused a couple times on the way down and would start to climb back up, but Adam held on to his foot and pulled him down until he was out. It was pretty dramatic!
We had a good Valentine's Day. Kelli and I made a yummy dinner of chicken marsala, wild mushroom risotto, a yummy strawberry and feta salad and rolls. For dessert we did lemon pudding souffles and then watched Madacascar 2 (so funny!).
On Sunday we blessed Madelynn. Her blessing dress was handmade by my sister Celeste's mother-in-law. It is seriously a beautiful dress and I wish that it was okay for her to wear it more than once! It is a shame to only wear blessing dresses one time, isn't it? The blessing was beautiful. Adam blessed her to be strong in the gospel, and have a strong mind and body. He let her know how much we all love her and blessed her to marry in the temple to a worthy man.

10 comments:
So cute! I got your announcement in the mail this weekend, thanks for sending that. You guys do such fun things with your kids! And what cute kids they are! Thanks for posting more pics!
that dress is so pretty! doesn't it make you wish you were a seamstress? the kids are growing up so fast! jack's hair looks so red! wow! i love those pictures of the kids...capturing those moments of all 3 is awesome. i hope you are holding up well with 3...gets tiring, huh? i'm sure you are doing so well! reading what you made for you valentine's dinner made me miss cooking club!
Oh, how beautiful Madelyn is in her gorgeous dress! It is a shame that they only wear them once!
The children's museum is so fun! I love the sand tent...until I have to clean up my kids, that is! Poor Jack getting stuck in the climbing thing!
You are way better about blogging than I am. I just read everyone else's instead. I love the pictures of Madelynn in her blessing dress. Just beautiful. I smiled about Jack getting stuck because we had a similar experience with Hannah at the McDonald's play place. Good times. Lets get together when my kiddos get feeling better. I think I need a lunch date or something!
Wow! I got mentioned in a vacation post?? It's always just a Poyfair/Lafranca thing :) Anyway, her dress is gorgeous - send a picture to Karen. She would love that. And your dinner sounds so good. Please cook like that for me when I come! :) And Adam, you are my hero! *sigh*
You need to send me your pictures, I don't have a whole lot thanks to my stupid camera. I love the blessing photos, she is so cute!
I am officially obsessed with her blessing dress. I seriously want to steal it. I have to get some money so I can buy one for this next baby. The children's museum looked fun! When we took Olivia last time, Carter had to do the stupid net thing too because Rylynn and Olivia did it and he got stuck and freaked out too. I kind of hate that thing. Anyway, I love Madelynn's big smiles! She is growing up so fast!
Ok, so funny story. We sat behind you on Sunday and when Megan saw you and your sister, she got way confused! She looked at me and said, "Look mom, same hair, same shirt! They look the same!"
Congrats on the baby blessing! She looks gorgeous in her dress! I hope to someday have another girl... :) And, how fun that your parents & Kelli could be there. The children's museum looked like fun, aren't you glad Adam was with you?
What a beautiful dress! Sounds like such a great weekend, and an amazing Valentine's Day meal! Wish we could have been there.
Post a Comment