I have very little self esteem. There, I said it. I don't show it that often, but those who know me well (i.e. my family) know that I don't think too highly of myself. Part of that is from my past and part of it is that I am my worst critic and part of it is being a triplet where I am constantly compared to my sisters. Don't get me wrong, I love myself and think I have some great qualities, but I want to strive for more in order to be truly happy with my appearance on the outside, not the inside.
I am on a quest to lose a certain amount of weight by Adam's graduation, May 17. I am working out twice a day, either on the elliptical machine at home or using one of two DVDs- Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred or Biggest Loser's Weight Loss Yoga. My abs are killing me and I feel some more energy, but after one week of this and trying to eat a little better, I haven't lost any weight and only 1/2 inch off my hips and none anywhere else. I'm seeking out your advice!
My problem is I hate dieting with a passion. I can't follow any specific diet, like South Beach or low carb. What I'm looking for is any advice on how anyone out there who actually reads my blog has lost weight in the past, with YUMMY food, not cardboard. I have no will power so I can't do the "no carb" or "no sugar" diet.
By the way, I will definitely NOT be posting my tracking online. I don't update my blog that often anyway, but I will try and post updates every now and then, so I'm obligated to someone out there on how I am doing. Will anyone out there help me with weight loss advice? Thanks!
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


17 comments:
Hey Carissa. I still have a ways to go myself, but after I had Tommy, I would go for a walk at least once a day, and eat anything but it had to be on a kids size plate. I became the smallest I had ever been and could still eat whatever I wanted, just smaller portions. good luck!
Worry less about what you eat and more about how much you eat. Portion control.
I swear by pilates. I have a video and have been trying to get an exercise group together. I'm going over to Jerie's house tomorrow (I think it's tomorrow) evening to do the video. Maybe if you want to come (and anyone else) we could move it somewhere with more room. I think it would be good to get a group together and do it a couple times a week. The DVD I have is seriously how I lost all of the baby fat with all three of my kids. I eat whatever I want, when I want.
carissa...i lost 30 pounds last year doing Ali. I can't wait to get back on it again (i have to be done nursing though I think).....but as soon as i'm done, i'm doing it again. it was super easy. I ate yummy food.....i didn't exercise once. weight came off super easy.
carissa...i lost 30 pounds last year doing Ali. I can't wait to get back on it again (i have to be done nursing though I think).....but as soon as i'm done, i'm doing it again. it was super easy. I ate yummy food.....i didn't exercise once. weight came off super easy.
Hey- after my baby is born would you want to start walking? I have to loose as much as possible by graduation too. (May 22nd) I don't know when we would go- but if your interested I'm open to anything.
I was also wondering how much a Curves membership would be for 3 months. It's so close it might be worth checking out.
I am impressed that after only 1 week you've already lost 1/2 inch off of your hips. That's great! I thought it took a while to see results. I need to be motivated to do something...
I honestly have no advice because I have no clue about dieting, I just nurse my babies and lose the weight, but I have been walking/running around the park out front and that helps me a lot to feel more toned and not so flabby. I am totally inconsistent, but if you want to go with me you can, also I can watch your kids if you want to go yourself. BTW, you look great and I think you're awesome!
I'm reading this while eating a Snickers. And while I'm feeling guilty for eating all the junk I have in the past month (no heartburn, yeah!) and knowing that nursing burns an extra 500 calories a day, so I'm justifying my bad behavior. I'm with you though--I need my sugar fix. So, I lose my weight by working out like crazy. I love my gym pass and I love the classes there. I think when you go and have an instructor, they push you harder than you would push yourself. So, you want to die--but you can't stop. I've had my instructor yell at me before, in front of the whole class, not to quit.
Love your guts. Hang in there--it's a rough time after having a baby. You're gorgeous and you shouldn't worry. I told my Beehives last night it's not about how skinny you are, it's about how healthy you are.
I think all of this advice has been really great, and you have to find what works for you. Exercising is great, and portion control is a must! I also found snacks that were filling but also healthy. I really like Orville Redenbacher's 98% Fat free Kettle Korn, Seneca Mango Applesauce, and cereal. And don't got by the scale - find a pair of jeans and try them on once every two weeks to see how they fit different. And when you move here we can join a gym together!!
P.S. I also have heard several times that keeping a food journal is the best way to lose weight - it makes you more accountable for everything you eat because you have to write it down.
Thanks for all the awesome advice! I am really excited. I would love a walking buddy when the weather gets nice (so like July?) so I'll call some gals when that happens. And I'll post my successes (not my failures, how depressing!) when they happen!
Wow, look at all the support you have!I started a food journal, I hate writing down "ice cream, 300 calories" so I just don't eat it. I've been looking at labels at the store and checking out the Biggest Loser website for snack ideas. I hate exercising too but Stina has a point. Going to a gym or even working out with friends helps because you aren't as likely to quit early or half-ass the exercise if others are there with you watching you and doing it with you. Good luck!
Carissa this is all great advice. I think Celeste has listened to me cuz she is saying all the things I get at weight watchers. You can use my number pass to get on for ideas if you like. Also, the idea of filling foods is the key. Stick to high fiber foods not processed. It makes you feel full longer. The popcorn is the best trick if you have the hungries. Drink a lot of water. It flushes all the fat a toxins out. Not so much for soda. It makes you retain water and crave sweets.
Just keep it up! It won't show right away. I'm proud of you!
OOH! I wanna be in the exercise/walking group! I still have about 10 stubborn pounds from Hannah that I want to loose.
Post a Comment