This year I have a smaller part, which I'm fine with especially since I'm tired a lot (have I mentioned that yet) and because Olivia is in the play too and I have to deal with her as well. I play Marinda Hyde, like that means anything to most of you, and Olivia plays Julia Murdock Smith, one of the twins adopted by Joseph and Emma Smith after their mother died in childbirth. Olivia is only in a couple of scenes. Her first scene is rocking with "Emma" (my friend Natalie) while Emma and Joseph sing a song to each other when he is in jail and she is home with their only baby:

Olivia's hair is curled with a curling iron and tons of hair spray. It takes me about an hour to do it, so we have to do it in front of a movie to keep her entertained that long. By the way, do you see Jack in the background? He's obviously as excited about Olivia's hair as she is... either that, or he's just happy to finally have dinner (seriously, he's the first one at the table when I say "Dinner time!").
In company meeting. She is actually sitting next to me. That's the closest you will get to seeing me in costume unless you are either related to me or come see the show! I'm really excited to be doing this with Olivia this year. She kind of broke down in tryouts so I wasn't planning on her being in the show, but the show's director asked if she could maybe do this small part so we tried it out and it worked. If you can, come see us!


11 comments:
I thought you both were brilliant! I love Olivia's curls, too bad it takes an hour or you could do it more. Also, love Olivia's bloomers.
Olivia looks so cute! We've got to figure out a night to have someone watch Julie so we can go see the show. Oh, and Marilyn has dress rehearsal pics up on her blog, so I've already seen you in costume! :)
So fun! I totally want to come see it now! And actually my friends and I were talking about a trip to Kirtland just a few weeks ago... maybe it will happen. When do performances end? Olivia is so cute in her costume! What a fun mother/daughter activity!
This is so much fun! I wish I could come see it! And I love that Olivia's included in it! I also love that a nickel is all it takes to briber her--no pony, no Barbie, no new movies. Way to go!
I love Olivia's hair and I can't wait to see the play! I'm totally getting pics of you in costume to put on my blog just to make sure everyone gets a good look =). Have fun with the rest of your performances.
I'm so mad that I won't get to see it! It looks so cute and fun. I would totally do it if I lived there - although I don't sing. There were mute people then, right??
You do an amazing job on Olivia's hair! It looks great! I'm excited to come see the show on Friday!
Oh my gosh Carissa, she looks so cute!! I love the picture of her sleeping in Emma's arms. So sweet!!! That curling iron job is amazing, I can't believe she sits there for you for all that time. I wish I could see you guys in the play:( I'm so sad we are just barely going to miss it.
I so would not love doing Olivia's hair every night. She looks adorable though. You guys were both great in the play and is sounds like Olivia is making bank! I know who Marinda Hyde is...I was her last year! At least they put you down as a real person whereas last year I was listed as "a woman." What is that all about anyway?
We went on opening night but Brenna threw up half way through the show so we ended up leaving early. Nice.
How long does it run? We didn't even get to see Olivia, she looks so cute! And I'm sure you were an amazing Marinda Hyde!
Carissa- I found your blog through Christie's (small world) anywho-- your family is beautiful!
Good Luck with the program!
Danette (Arbogast) Thomas
Post a Comment