Sorry I have been such a blogger slacker. We really aren't up to much so I don't have anything to really blog about. Today is Adam's last day of summer clinic, meaning we will finally have about three weeks of Adam to ourselves before he starts up his final year of school. Olivia and I have two more performances of "This is Kirtland!" before we are done. It's bittersweet, since I love the show, but I hate the late hours and the curling of the hair (both mine and hers). On performance nights, our house smells like cheap hairspray and burnt hair as I'm curling Olivia's hair into ringlets. Seriously, I have to wash her hair 2-3 times the next day just to get all the hairspray out. Jack has been busy being Jack- making messes, taking naps, going to the park, and learning another random word: Duck. Now he knows Mama, Dada, More, Hot Dog, and Duck.
I went to my 16 week appointment yesterday and everything is fine. I haven't gained any weight and the baby is pretty low in my uterus. The doctor said I'm probably not showing yet because the baby is so low still. He said that isn't a problem and that once there is more room the baby will move up and start kicking my ribs in no time (yippee). I have been getting really bad tension headaches and migraines lately, like the one I've had for about two weeks or so. They had prescribed Tylenol with Codeine, but the codeine made me so nauseated and I couldn't take it during the day with my kids around. He prescribed another medicine that doesn't have as bad of side effects and then told me that it was okay to take ibuprofen (what?!) up until week 26 or so. I always thought that ibuprofen was a big no-no in pregnancy, but he said it mainly is thought to decrease amniotic fluid so if I take it sparingly every now and then I'm okay. So last night I took some and my marathon headache was gone in 30 minutes. Finally.
Well, I need to clean the house (although Adam cleaned a ton last night while I was at the play- isn't he the best?). My sister and her family and my parents are coming tonight. They are watching the play tomorrow night and then Monday we are going to Niagara Falls and Palmyra, so I'll update some pictures then.
Friday, July 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Yeah my dr told me I could take Advil too, but only if I really needed it, but I was too scared to so I didn't. Glad it worked for you, and I'm so jealous that you haven't gained weight yet. Grr! What's your secret?!
I am so jealous that you all are hanging out! AHHH! Anyway, you should call Bryan to chit-chat (like you'd actually just call to talk) and casually mention that Adam cleaned your house and how awesome it was. He needs some inspiration. And I'm glad your pregnancy is going well - isn't it weird how different each pregnancy is??
i wish we were there watching you & olivia in the play!:) sorry about the headaches...does coke ever help you? is coke better or worse than advil when you're pregnant?:) good luck & have fun with your fam!
Sorry your hedaches have been so bad lately! Olivia and Jack are always welcome to come over and play if you need a nap!
PS You're looking great!
i craved LOTS Of chocolate milk with baby james, too! not just any chocolate milk, though. it had to be that vitamin D whole chocolate milk that i got at work...it's hard to find, but when i found it...oh man! bring it on!
i hope you are doing well & the headache is staying away!:)
Congrats on the baby and everything, but I mostly want to congratulate you on your correct use of the word "nauseated".
Post a Comment