Hey, I know it's been a while since I updated my blog, but we got a new camera and hadn't figured out how to download the pictures onto the computer until last night. So anyway, we are alive and well here in Cleveland, and busy as can be!
Olivia started her first day of preschool on September 4. She goes twice a week for 3 hours each, which gives me plenty of time to get things done like grocery shopping, cleaning the house, and relaxing at home while Jack takes his morning nap. Olivia
loves preschool. She is learning the sounds that each letter makes and does art projects every day. They sing songs, read books, eat snacks that coordinate with the letter of the week and so on. Her preschool is at the home of a woman in my ward so it's not over the top with field trips or playgrounds or anything, but Olivia loves her teacher and I know her teacher well enough that I don't worry when I drop Olivia off. Plus, Olivia has been in this woman's drop off music classes before over the spring and summer, so it wasn't a big deal on the first day of preschool to say "Okay, Olivia, be a good girl and I'll see you later." I didn't cry and neither did she. She just blew me a kiss and started coloring her "Welcome to Preschool" coloring page. I was a little sentimental, knowing that my baby girl was big enough for preschool and that she would be gone much more often than before (music class was once a week for an hour) but I know she is in good hands (thanks Miss Jenn!) and she is learning a lot already.

Olivia on her first day of preschool. She was the only girl for a week until another girl was added to the class so I made a point of putting her in a dress so she stood out as a girl, not "one of the boys". I know, it's stupid, but I want her to look like a girl, ok? Anyway, she already asks all the time about one of the boys in her class named Ben, which is actually someone we've known for a long time. She gets to take her Disney Princess backpack with her that she got for her birthday, and whenever I ask her what she wants to wear to preschool she says "Sleeping Beauty dress" which is something else she got for her birthday.
Well, I will definitely update some more later after the Jackster has his nap and Adam is home to wrangle both kids for a few minutes.
5 comments:
So so so much fun! What a cute girl. Jordyn's one of two girls in her class too. I was worried about it, but it's been fine and she hardly notices! And, how could Olivia ever look like one of the boys? I love the dresses, although with Jordyn we've started wearing leggings or shorts underneath. She can't seem to hide her panties enough!
She is so adorable! I like that your preschool focuses on the letters of the alphabet and things like that. Ours doesn't do that until next year! And Livvy should be used to being around just boys - look at all her cousins. For real, Carissa. Anyway, sounds like fun!!!
Between you and Celeste, I am so pushing for preschool. It sounds like they have a lot of fun and learn new things all the time. i'm sure Hayden could use a change of scenery.
What a cute girl! I can't belive that Olivia is already old enough for preschool. I feel like we haven't seen you guys in ages! That's fun you got a new camera, now you can take some great pictures for the blog! We need to hang out soon.
How fun! I am sure Jen will do a great job! Who else is in that preschool? Wish Cooper was! Enjoy the fall.
Post a Comment