Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Go Tribe!


We went to the Indians game last Friday at Jacobs Field. Adam and Olivia have already been to a game this year, but this was my first game since Jack was born. We left Jack at home with the neighbors and had fun staying up until 11pm (Olivia is so lucky to stay up that late!).



Olivia and her friend Abby.


The Tribe is doing awesome this year and even clinched the AL Central division title. They played the Oakland A's and totally won. Olivia had a really fun time at the game. At first all she wanted was a hot dog but then changed her mind and ate peanuts (including the shell!) instead. She cheered and clapped and even danced. We had a lot of fun cheering, talking with friends, and watching the Hot Dog race (really- 3 guys dressed as hot dogs race around the field).


As you can see, Olivia did NOT like the fireworks (obviously Adam did). She didn't mind the ones during the game that went off with home runs, but the ones after the game were much louder and lasted much longer. She just kept yelling in between her sobs "We have to go home! We have to go home!" and "I don't like fireworks!" And yes, I am smiling in the picture because she was just so funny with her fear of fireworks! The video below requires a couple of explanations: First, Olivia is pointing to the fireworks (we're cheering for the second home run in a row by the Indians) and then I- being the airhead I am- forgot you can't do video up and down, so that is why the camera goes up and down then back to normal. Anyway, enjoy the cheering and the dancing! We are definitely going to more games next year (like Dollar Dog night!) and getting Indians gear because we stuck out like a sore thumb in our street clothes!

4 comments:

Stina said...

Love love love the song thing on your blog. Look at you go! And, cute post love the video. I'm jealous of Livvy's hair. Look how long, silky and straight it is. You can put it in a ponytail and it doesn't fuss out. Cute family!

Kelli said...

It looks like a lot of fun. I'm trying to convince Jage to take Hayden to a Seahawks game in December with the rest of the boys. Too bad Toledo doesn't have any sports teams, we'd have to travel to go to any of those.

Carrie Anne said...

Hi! Carrie Rhodes here! I stumbled upon your blog through someone else's...it's one big blog family! Anyway, it's fun to see your pics...the kids grow so fast! Wow! I'm jealous you are there with the Tribe doing so well...wish we were there so bad! I hope things are going well. Our blog: www.furnamom.blogspot.com

Carrie Anne said...

PS-We got The Office seasons 1 and 2 and a Dwight bobblehead (my sister got it free from work), so I thought of you as we watched the premeire and keep watching all the episodes. Love it!