Tuesday, January 2, 2007

My First Posting!

So this is my first official blog posting. I am not sure exactly where to start and I definitely don't want to start from the beginning- that would take WAY too long! I owe this whole blogging thing to Christina and Sarah who talked me into it. I guess since I like to scrapbook and I am forever sending pictures of my kids through email, I should do it all at once on a blog.


This is Jack's first Christmas. He was so good during our vacation to Utah. He had a big dimpled smile for everyone who even looked at him. Jack really is such a happy baby and is so easy for me. He is a huge kid weighing in at almost 16 lbs at 3 months, but we love every inch of him. His cousins and extended family just fell in love with him.



Olivia is on her 3rd Christmas, but it was the first time she was actually interested in opening presents. Even when she was done opening all of hers, she wanted more! Oh no, it's starting! At least she hasn't learned the words "I want" or "I need" yet. She is still happy opening anything as long as it is in wrapping paper with a bow on it. She had a great time playing with her cousins and came home from the Utah experience with a new word- "Carissa"- which she calls me at least 3 times before she realizes I will only respond to "Mommy." What a fun girl she is, and she is learning something new every day.



We had a great time in Utah. We got to see a movie
(two acually), something we haven't done in a long time!
We saw the lights on Temple Square, which was something
I haven't done since Adam and I were engaged in 2001. Jack stayed at Aunt Becky's where it was warm, but I thought Olivia would really like them, since she loves the lights on the Christmas tree. I think she was too cold to really take in the views. She sat in the stroller with her hat, two coats, two blankets, and hot cocoa and just kind of looked at me like "Are you serious about keeping me out here?" Maybe another time. At least she learned what "cocoa" is. Yeah.

Anyway, that is my first posting. I know it is a little boring
but trust me, my family life has it's interesting and funny
moments too that I can't wait to share with you all. As soon
as Olivia learns something like how to color on the wall or get
into my makeup, you will be the first to know via blogging!


3 comments:

Sarah Anne said...

Welcome to the world of Blog! I'm so glad you decided to do this. Now I have one more blog to check out. YAY Poyfairs!

Nana Lynda said...

Great job Carissa. I think this is an excellent idea. But don't stop with the snap fish pics. You did a fantastic job for your first posting.

Kelli said...

Wow now I feel the need to blog...if only I had the time! I'll be sure to check often, which means you better keep this updated- or else. Oh, and you're in deep trouble, Hayden now cries for chocolate milk when he's supposed to be going to bed.