Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Olivia and the Potty

So we started to try and potty train Olivia this weekend. We started talking to her about the potty and even bought her special wipes and foam soap to encourage her. She's sat on her potty chair three times so far, every time with no luck. She'll sit there and sing songs with me while I run the faucet, and after a while she'll say "no pee" and stand up. It's funny that she knows where to go to the bathroom, but only remembers after she's done it in her diaper. She knows that once she uses the toilet she gets to wear her Disney princess and Barbie underwear too. Any suggestions? I need help from people who have gone through this with a "do-it-myself" child!

3 comments:

Sarah Anne said...

Honestly, after dealing with Nolan and then Emma Anne, I say wait until they want to. Great job talking to her about it. Teach her what an "accident" is and tell her it's okay to have one, but she can go on the toilet whenever she's ready. It saved me so much headache letting Emma just do it when she wanted. Good luck and God speed.

Stina said...

I waited until Jordyn was 2 1/2. And I would put her on the potty with her portable DVD player. She would watch movies and movies, and go. She figured it out so fast. But, I put Jordyn straight into panties. No more diapers. So, if she does have an accident, it's more of a big deal. And you're in a rental--who cares about the carpet? I agree with Sarah though, about the waiting.

Sarah Anne said...

Where are youuuu?