Anyway, thanks to Crowdtap and Old Navy, I was able to sample yet another line of theirs- swimsuits! I haven't had a new swimsuit in forever. Literally. Forever. I think the last suit I got was right after Jack was born because we were going to Great Wolf Lodge in Sandusky and I didn't have a suit that I liked. So it's been over 5 years. Normal people go through swimsuits faster. I don't usually like to wear swimsuits so my suits last a long time :) But in all honestly, I really wanted a new one!
I was so excited to go to the store and try on all the cool things I saw online! I brought my mother and she had a great time picking out a suit with me. When we walked in, we were greeted warmly by the staff. They totally know me by now, not only from my frequent Crowdtap dealings, but because I go in there a lot! What can I say, I'm an Old Navy junkie! We easily found the swimsuit section- where I was totally let down. Online there were so many suits to fall in love with, and the store had a small section that was mostly bikinis. I don't understand why there is such a big difference between online and in store, and even from store to store. We ended up going to three Old Navy stores and all three had very low inventory that were similar with a few differences here and there. I don't know if it has something to do with the coupons being mailed out after the line is already out or not, but it felt like we got our coupons and since the swimsuit line had been out for a while, it was completely picked over.
I tried on 5-6 swimsuits in multiple sizes and was so sad to see that all but one of them did not fit me well. I am pretty average but felt like these swimsuits were made for stick-thin women with no chest. I hope that next year Old Navy makes more modest swimsuits as well as more tankini and one-piece styles. Online had a lot of styles to choose from but they were not in the stores which was a bummer! I ended up with a striped bottom and a purple twist front tankini. They were not my first choice and nowhere on my list from what I saw online, but they were the only ones that held in my chest and didn't make me feel like I was half-naked (well, more naked than wearing a swimsuit...).
I really appreciated Old Navy and Crowdtap's choice to let me sample the swim line. I think they did a great job with the line in general, I just felt that when I go into their store for something, it should be there. If not, I should be able to shop online from the store and get free shipping. Old Navy is notorious for showing lots of stock and styles online and then having nothing in the stores.
Okay, really small picture, but iPhone pics just don't turn out that well on my blog!



No comments:
Post a Comment