Monday, July 11, 2011

Heartbreaker

Olivia had her dance recital a couple of weeks ago (can you tell I'm in catch-up mode?!). She absolutely loved her class at Charisma School of Dance. Her teacher is actually a woman in our ward and she loved Miss JoLee. This past year in dance class has been an eye opener for me. For starters, Olivia loves dancing. Secondly, she is amazing at remembering her dance steps. Lastly, she has absolutely no grace. And I say that with all the love possible. She is so cute dancing, but the whole graceful part of ballet hasn't really worked its way into her talent yet.

Her dance this year was more of a jazz number to Taio Cruz "Heartbreaker" and I have had that song in my head ever since. It was so cute seeing her shake her hips up on stage. I don't know what she was more excited about: being on stage or getting to wear makeup! She loved her costume and has no qualms about being on stage. I think it goes back to her "This is Kirtland" days but she isn't shy at all about being in an auditorium full of strangers!
Picture day and last practice before the recital.

Recital day! She was so excited! I heard at least thirty times that day "Is my lipstick still on?"
Olivia and the friends she made in class.
One of her favorite parts- getting a bouquet of flowers from Daddy at the end!

Her recital ended up so cute! Her class was a little scattered and everyone just had a blast watching them up on stage. They had never practiced without their teacher helping them and they did really well considering all the pressure they were under!

Next year we are not going to Charisma, mostly because of the cost. We're trying out the YMCA so Jack and Olivia can take swimming and dance (for Liv) and tae kwon do (for Jack) and gymnastics at a much cheaper rate. We're hoping to go back to Charisma in a couple of years after Olivia has had a little more practice, or to see if it's something she wants to continue with. I really have mixed feelings about leaving Charisma because she had such a positive experience with them but I think that it will work out in the end.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

I loved watching her dance, it was really cute. I want to watch it again on the video (you got the video, right?)

B-Hams said...

wow olivia has grown up so much. what an adorable little girl!

Celeste Pearson said...

I so want to see that video! And I love that she was so excited to wear makeup. Next thing she'll be going on her first date :)