Thursday, January 7, 2010

Christmas Eve

This year we celebrated Christmas at home. It was nice to not travel and stay in our jammies all day (well, not all day, but close enough). On Christmas Eve, I picked up my mother-in-law Sharon at the train station and then we all spent the day at my parents house, snacking on finger food all day. We literally had something to eat all day long!

The kids played Nana's Wii pretty much all day. Bryce and Olivia were crazy at it!

Madelynn warmed right up to Grandma Sharon, which was a good thing since Sharon watched the kids for 9 days while Adam and I were on our cruise!

My Jack and Olivia- don't let their sweet smiles fool you!

Madelynn getting into all the gift wrap. The kids opened their presents from Nana and Papa early since my parents were leaving a day early for New Orleans and wanted to see them open the presents up.

Jack got an awesome Wall-E jacket and some Trio blocks. He LOVES them!

I think it's so cute how Olivia helped Madelynn open up her presents. She got a cute fluffy skirt and Olivia got some way cute Gymboree clothes and sticker books.

Santa came to visit!!! The kids were super excited! I think I love this part the most. The way the kids' eyes light up as soon as they hear the jingle bells on the porch and giggle and laugh as he comes in the door. Love it!

Can you see the look of adoration mixed with complete concentration on Jack's face? Celeste pointed out that all I need to do in order to get Jack to listen to me like that is to grow a long white beard. I think I'm out of luck.

Madelynn is my only child who was not afraid of Santa at this age. She was actually really mesmerized, although she wouldn't actually sit on his lap.

Jack and Santa. This really is the best picture I got of him.

Olivia is into this whole "smile with my lips closed" thing. Not loving it.

My sisters and brother and I pitched in and got my parents an awesome picture of the Idaho Falls Temple, engraved with their name and wedding date. They love it!

I will blog Christmas tomorrow. I am way too tired to keep going!

8 comments:

Seriously... said...

UMMM...does your mother in law want to come babysit for me for 9 days???? that's awesome. how do you get people to do that for you? we might get my in laws to watch our kids one evening a year......

Seriously... said...

UMMM...does your mother in law want to come babysit for me for 9 days???? that's awesome. how do you get people to do that for you? we might get my in laws to watch our kids one evening a year......

Kelli said...

Yeah for catching up on blogs!!! I love the Santa-visiting thing too, the kids get so excited. I just need to convince Jeremiah to travel next Christmas so we can join you guys, wish me luck! Your kids are adorable, I can't believe I haven't seen them in so long! Madelynn better warm up to me that easy too (although I don't have any plans to watch them for 9 days!).

Celeste Pearson said...

I'm stealing some of your pictures! You have some cute ones!

Summer said...

How cool that Santa visits you guys! I love Olivia's dress! Did you make it? Adorable!

Stina said...

Doesn't Christmas get better every year with the kids? And, I love the temple picture. I want one!

Rachel said...

I can't wait to hear all about the cruise!! I love the picture when Santa is at the door. That is so cute! I really love that picture you guys got for your parents too. Where did you get it? That is so funny about the closed lip smile! She is such a cutie. At least your kids smile in one way or another. Carter is in the "just say cheese but don't smile or even look at the camera while saying cheese" stage. Not a fan!

Ana Lee said...

That is such a cute picture of Mom with the temple pic, love it! :) I'm glad it turned out so wonderful.