Friday, May 15, 2009

We are alive!

The past few weeks have been cah-razy! We are getting ready for the big move out west and have been trying to get everything done before we leave. Here are some pictures of what we've been up to, although I refuse to post pictures of what my house looks like right now!
Before, during, and after Jack's much needed haircut. As you can see, he was sporting the curly 'd0, circa 1973. He actually sat in the chair by himself for a while, but then decided he did not want his hair cut so I had to hold him on my lap for the rest of the time. We both ended up changing our clothes when we got home. But it turned out great and shows off his perma-bruise on his forehead perfectly.

We also had Olivia's preschool open house at Onaway Elementary. They did a little song and dance in the beginning, showing off some of the songs they have learned in music class. It was really cute! Then we got to see her preschool class. We love her preschool and are so sad to leave early!
Olivia had to find us during her singing thing. She was so proud of herself and did a very good job. She loves to sing and dance all the time, even if it gets a little annoying.Olivia showing off her classroom and her locker. I tried to get a picture with her teachers but she was acting shy so we'll have to try later, like maybe her last day (*sob*).Here she is pretending she can read. She has the poem memorized, which is way awesome, but she insists she can read it too. I say, whatever, as long as she's learning.Jack was in heaven at Olivia's preschool. He took over the kitchen area and the block areas. At one point, I looked over at the block center and all I saw was his red hair and brown eyes peering at me over the bookshelves holding all (and I mean all) the blocks. Then I heard what sounded like thunder and Jack disappeared. Leave it to my son to knock all the blocks off the shelf and find absolute delight in it.

Madelynn's first plane ride. We went out to Washington to look for a house and left Jack and Olivia at my sister's house in Toledo. Madelynn slept most of the way and did really well on her first flight. We ended up putting in an application to rent a home so we are waiting to see if we have been approved. While we were in Washington, Adam got his dental board scores back. Of course he passed!I had to throw this one in. Adam loves to give Madelynn "grandma pants" (no offense to those grandmas out there, or those who may like the look of pants under their armpits).I had to put this one in too. Don't you just love her get-up? Shorts and a shirt- okay. Puff vest, ballet dance skirt, purple flower headband and pink flute? Yeah, not so much.

6 comments:

Josh and Amanda said...

I can't believe that ya'll are moving already! When is the big move? I hope that the move goes well for you. We miss all of our friends in Cleveland!

Summer said...

It's sad for me to see you wrapping things up here...but I'm way excited for you! I bet you can't wait to get outta here! Ü Congrats Adam on passing your boards! Phew!

Rachel said...

Congrats Adam on the boards! The house was lonely while you guys were gone but I'm glad you found a house you love. I am still in denial that you are really leaving us this week. Sorry if I bawl, just remember that I am pregnant:)

Stina said...

Olivia totally has long legs!!! She's getting so tall! And, didn't Adam learn to give haircuts like every other RM? Congrats on passing boards (like there was any doubt)! And, I've finally accepted the fact that you won't be moving to Utah, but that doesn't mean you can't come visit all the time!

Kelli said...

I'm glad Adam passed, I wasn't so sure he would :) It has been a crazy month huh, and it's not done yet!

Ry and Kris Jones said...

Aw, we really miss having Jack in the nursery! And we miss you guys too. Glad to hear you're doing well. Hope you don't mind us looking in on your blog every now and then :). Keep in touch
Ryan and Kristy Jones