Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Until 2008....

So I am officially done with blogging for 2007. I leave today with the kids to Seattle to spend the holidays with my family. My little brother, Kory, comes home from his mission tomorrow and we wanted to be there to see him off the plane, so we are leaving a little earlier than most. Wish me luck- I'm flying alone with my kids on a 6 hour plane ride along with my sister, who is flying alone with her two kids too. I feel really sorry for those sitting around us. They will definitely not get a peaceful flight and will definitely not be napping at all because I guarantee you my kids will not nap at all. Seriously, I'm exhausted just thinking about getting through security. I have bad memories of the last time I went through security at SeaTac airport by myself with my kids. But that's a story for another day, but not today because I am saving my energy and all my happy thoughts for today when I know I will have to mutter "Serenity now... serenity now" (for all you Seinfeld fans).

Anyway, hope you all have a merry Christmas and great new year. I'll post a Super Happy Christmas post when I have time after we get back next year. I know you all will be lost without my awesome blogging so just hold on for a few weeks. I will return (hopefully with my sanity!).

11 comments:

Elise said...

good luck on the plane ride Carissa, hope all goes well! I hate getting through security with kids, and by yourself it's so much worse. We'll miss your posts, but hope you have a fun Christmas! Have fun seeing your brother, yeah! Can't wait to hear about it.

Celeste Pearson said...

See you in a few hours! It will be so fun to have you all here - and I wish the best for you on the plane. It is vacations like this that make you so grateful for the invention of portable DVD players and Benadryl (just kidding on the last one...sort of).

Bryan said...

Thanks for the delicious treats last night! Bryan and I made big cups of hot cocoa (with homemade marshmellows) about 30 seconds after I closed the front door! YUM! I'm going to miss you while you're gone! Have a super fun time! Merry Christmas!
Love, Summer

Carrie Anne said...

We'll miss you! I hope you have endured the plane ride well...I hate that security checkpoint because everyone has to take off their shoes, then each of the kids has a bag, I usually have 2, we are ALWAYS holding up the line! You'll do great! Enjoy your Christmas and New Year's! I'll miss your blogging skills, but we'll look forward to next year! Wahoo!

B-Hams said...

Home for the Holidays how fun! Plane rides can always be treacherous especially when traveling with children! I admire you a ton. We are traveling this year with howie and I have my doggie doze ready to knock his 9 lbs. out cold for the trip. Although that might be taboo for you to do to your kids I am totally fine with doing it to my dog! On that note, Happy Holidays!

Stina said...

So, what came to mind when I read this post was,

"Good luck and God speed."

What does that mean anyway?

And I'm sending a jealousy vibe--not that you'll get to see Kory (cause I'll get to see him too..), but that you girls will be together without the 4th triplet. How rude is that?

Alison Day said...

We miss you already! I'm sure you enjoyed a sweet reunion with your brother. I hope the plane ride went okay. We will go to the playcenter in Beachwood when you get back for sure! Enjoy the holidays!

wirigendo said...

Pretty lazy. You mean nothing is going to happen between now and the end of the year? Weak..Weak..

Kelli said...

I think Stina's jealousy vibe had something to do with flying with your kids all by yourself. =)

Stina said...

Kelli--after hearing about your fun adventures on a plane by yourself with kids and a layover, I'm not sure I'll ever fly with kids...ever ever!

Stina said...

Just thinking of you today. Happy 6th Anniversary!

Love,

Stina